How many clicks per hazard in hazard perception

Watch
Spratty
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I usually do around 3 clicks (once when I see it, and one about half a second after and one when it forces the driver to take action).

Will doing this consistently for every hazard I see get me disqualified?
lunnndoner
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
nah that's fine mate
naujunou
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did the same and I passed, think I got 60
TheMcSame
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just do one when you see a potential hazard, when it develops/changes and when it's an issue.

I.E
Someone is walking to the road behind a parked car *click* (spotted potential hazard)
Starts walking to the edge of the car as if they're about to cross *click* (change/developing)
Continues walking to cross the road *click* (change/Hazard)
Then click when you'd take action. (reaction to hazard)

In other words, do what the test tells you... You won't be scored 0 for clicking a fair amount of times. You can be scored a 0 for clicking in a pattern to try and cheat the test.

Can't remember the exact score I got, but I definitely remember getting somewhere in the high 60's for HP.

E- Just did LDCs HP test and got 67.
Spratty
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheMcSame)
Just do one when you see a potential hazard, when it develops/changes and when it's an issue.

I.E
Someone is walking to the road behind a parked car *click* (spotted potential hazard)
Starts walking to the edge of the car as if they're about to cross *click* (change/developing)
Continues walking to cross the road *click* (change/Hazard)
Then click when you'd take action. (reaction to hazard)

In other words, do what the test tells you... You won't be scored 0 for clicking a fair amount of times. You can be scored a 0 for clicking in a pattern to try and cheat the test.

Can't remember the exact score I got, but I definitely remember getting somewhere in the high 60's for HP.

E- Just did LDCs HP test and got 67.
Thanks! I clicked 2-3 times per hazard and I got 71/75
delpy8
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi all, Ive been learning for the last two months and will be sitting my test tomorrow, Ive being using the DVSA official site and was wondering about the CGI clips in the real test,Can I click say 1 2 3 times then say 1 2 if need be
Spratty
Rep:
?
(Original post by delpy8)
Hi all, Ive been learning for the last two months and will be sitting my test tomorrow, Ive being using the DVSA official site and was wondering about the CGI clips in the real test,Can I click say 1 2 3 times then say 1 2 if need be
I would click 3 times max per clip.
delpy8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Spratty)
I would click 3 times max per clip.
Thanks Spratty just slightly confused as I can click up to 7 times before I get the red cross on the DVSA test site, Not that I will be clicking that may times just wanting to know the limit. I did 1 2 3 pause 1 2 and 1 2 3 again before the red cross saying too many clicks
Spratty
Rep:
?
Thanks Spratty just slightly confused as I can click up to 7 times before I get the red cross on the DVSA test site, Not that I will be clicking that may times just wanting to know the limit. I did 1 2 3 pause 1 2 and 1 2 3 again before the red cross saying too many clicks
Sorry I meant clicking 3 times PER HAZARD not clip lol
delpy8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Spratty)
Sorry I meant clicking 3 times PER HAZARD not clip lol
Great thanks I thought that would be ok
T_B_N.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did up to 8 per clip to count for the double hazard clip. 3 to 4 clicks per hazard.I treated all clips as possible double hazard clips to be safe and I got 69/75
delpy8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by T_B_N.)
I did up to 8 per clip to count for the double hazard clip. 3 to 4 clicks per hazard.I treated all clips as possible double hazard clips to be safe and I got 69/75
Thanks I will keep that in Mind, I do find the CGI clips easier as they are not as frantic as some of the real life ones.
T_B_N.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks I will keep that in Mind, I do find the CGI clips easier as they are not as frantic as some of the real life ones.
What helped me to get good at them was by doing the practice clips that are on the DVSA CD which costs about £12. I found the test more lenient then the CD so it prepares you well.
delpy8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by T_B_N.)
What helped me to get good at them was by doing the practice clips that are on the DVSA CD which costs about £12. I found the test more lenient then the CD so it prepares you well.
Ive been using the official online DVSA hazard perception clips and theory which cost me £22 and I have done all 102 clips and that includes multiple choice.
delpy8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well good news I passed my theory test and Hazard perception using the 1 2 3 clicks so thanks to all for your help
JME1993
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I went with the same method and got 65/75.
Euci
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Your allowed a maximum clicks of 5 per clip
vilijones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you so much for sharing your experience guys. Really helped me out. Got 63 one of them 0 for clicking 5 times possibly I misjudged the hazard with developing hazard. For the rest I clicked sometimes 7 times to make sure I will get into the score frame.
Spratty
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by vilijones)
Thank you so much for sharing your experience guys. Really helped me out. Got 63 one of them 0 for clicking 5 times possibly I misjudged the hazard with developing hazard. For the rest I clicked sometimes 7 times to make sure I will get into the score frame.
Well done!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (723)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (919)
42.92%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (406)
18.96%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.34%

Watched Threads