so confused about A level choices neeeed heeelpp

Watch this thread
oum212
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hey, i need help from u guys i received my gcse results and ii was so happy with waht i got:
7: english lit
4:english lang
6:maths
B: media studies
merit : btec sports
D: design tecnology (i wished i could've take a b in it because i have a good coursework but i didn't do well in my exam
c: in science (additional science)
D:in science a ( core science )
A*: in french and arabic (home language)
so my problem is i wanted to do chemistry and biology in A levels but i cannot do them with a c in science so i'm going to do Applied science but i really really want to do medecine in university so i'm planing to take maths, psychology, applied science for A levels and i will take a gap year so i will learn A level biology and Chemistry.

it is posibble can i do it ??? any comments about my message are really helpful thanks in advance.
is anyone doing Applied science in Alevel ?
1Lucia
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
hey, can I ask: did you find gcse sciences challenging?

It's important that before you go ahead down the road to do get to doing medicine that you think about whether you really enjoy studying science rather than just liking the idea of becoming a doctor etc. Especially because you'd be studying science/medicine almost non-stop for the best part of the next 10 years. A levels will be a big step up from gcse and its likely you will struggle with the content if you struggled with the gcse stuff. Also, though I haven't done applied science myself, I've heard the applied science is more of a stepping stone between gcses and alevels. Although it sounds like you're very passionate about doing medicine, make sure you're certain.

I'd suggest talking to teachers at your sixth form or college about what they think about it as they will be able to offer you much better advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads