The Student Room Group

Choosing A levels??

Tomorrow is subject registration day for my school's 6th form and naturally I've postponed the decision until the very last minute. I know I want to do Maths, French and Chemistry but I'm undecided on my fourth subject (if I don't choose one I'll have to do Welsh Baccalaureate which I REALLY do not want to do). Until recently I was going to do Further Maths, but after some thought and research, I'm beginning to consider Geography instead as I really enjoyed it at GCSE. I don't know what I want to do as a degree/career but if I were to do Maths (which I might), Further Maths would obviously be the best choice. I would have a smaller class for Maths if I chose Further Maths (and two of my best friends would be in it - this brings up another complication as the school might not have enough people to run further maths if I don't take it) but I am uneasy about narrowing the variation of my A level subjects and I think I might enjoy Geography more. Any suggestions?
Wow! In my school we have to do WBQ then 3/4 subjects
You shouldn't take FM just because the school can't run it without you choosing it. Choose what you like/ good at/ need to do
If you're not sure of what to do Geography may be a better option than F.Maths because you'll broaden your options! However if by mid October you are NOT enjoying Geography as much as you thought you would opt to do F.Maths if your school will allow you but this will mean you may have to spend more time catching up
I'd say geography or economics could be good with your options

Quick Reply

Latest