Medicine at Imperial for 2018 entry

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
sportyegg
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Studying medicine at Imperial is my dream, however, as application day draws closer I am getting doubts. How can I maximise my chances at getting an offer from Imperial? What's an ideal BMAT score for them and specific things they like on personal statements? x
usycool1
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sportyegg)
Studying medicine at Imperial is my dream, however, as application day draws closer I am getting doubts. How can I maximise my chances at getting an offer from Imperial? What's an ideal BMAT score for them and specific things they like on personal statements? x
They have a cut off in the BMAT that you must meet every year. This is where most applicants trip up, and why my biggest piece of advice is to do the BMAT in September. That way, if you know your score is under par, you can avoid them and make the most with you options. You can get an idea of what sort of score they need on their website.

In terms of what they look for on the PS, have a look at their website. They say there.
username1550751
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Currently studying at Imperial here. Like suggested, you should do the BMAT since it's a sure-fire way to know if it's worth applying; if you don't hit the cutoff there is no point wasting your time. Apart from that, your only other way to put yourself across and lock down an interview is your personal statement so make that as strong as possible.

If you have any more Imperial specific questions feel free to PM me!
sportyegg
Rep:
(Original post by usycool1)
They have a cut off in the BMAT that you must meet every year. This is where most applicants trip up, and why my biggest piece of advice is to do the BMAT in September. That way, if you know your score is under par, you can avoid them and make the most with you options. You can get an idea of what sort of score they need on their website.

In terms of what they look for on the PS, have a look at their website. They say there.
Thank you so much! I'll Aim to smash my bmat then
sportyegg
Rep:
(Original post by fruitshoot)
Currently studying at Imperial here. Like suggested, you should do the BMAT since it's a sure-fire way to know if it's worth applying; if you don't hit the cutoff there is no point wasting your time. Apart from that, your only other way to put yourself across and lock down an interview is your personal statement so make that as strong as possible.

If you have any more Imperial specific questions feel free to PM me!
Hi, thanks so much! Would it be okay if I PM'd you some questions about the Personal Statement?
username1550751
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hi, thanks so much! Would it be okay if I PM'd you some questions about the Personal Statement?
Go for it!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (132)
66.33%
No (45)
22.61%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.06%

Watched Threads