The Student Room Group

NOT living with friends in 2nd year of Uni?

I struggled to find anyone I clicked with during my first year of Uni. This is partly cos I felt that the people attracted to this Uni are not similar to me, and that I picked the wrong Uni. I made a few friendships but they all fell apart. Ive ended up having to find 3 other people to share a house with who Ive only met once.

Im frustrated at not finding any true friendships and feel like theres no hope in finding people Im similar to at this Uni. Im also worried about living with these 3 other people and whether I get along with them.

Has anyone been in similar situations?
Original post by pinktulip12
I struggled to find anyone I clicked with during my first year of Uni. This is partly cos I felt that the people attracted to this Uni are not similar to me, and that I picked the wrong Uni. I made a few friendships but they all fell apart. Ive ended up having to find 3 other people to share a house with who Ive only met once.

Im frustrated at not finding any true friendships and feel like theres no hope in finding people Im similar to at this Uni. Im also worried about living with these 3 other people and whether I get along with them.

Has anyone been in similar situations?

I moved into a house share with people I didn't know in my fourth year (because all my friends had finished uni or were on placement). Honestly it turned out fine.

You (I assume) moved in with complete strangers in halls, this is no different really is it? If you don't become best friends with them it's not the end of the world. There are still other people out there. I'd imagine it's unlikely you'll seriously not get along with them, as it would take serious clash of personalities. I imagine they are probably worried as well since they don't know you. But it'll in all likeliness turn out fine.

During my third year of uni we had to get a stranger to take over a room in the house share because someone dropped out of uni. He turned out to be great, and became one of us very quick despite us having all known each other 2.5 years at that point.
Everyone i know graduated as I'm on 4 year course so I gotta go in with a blank slate again. Pretty pumped about it. Can do stuff didn't really do before like join clubs and societies and go to events and talks. And relationships won't be as awkward. And if I don't make any friends etc it's fine as have more time for study, job applications, read and gym

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending