This discussion is closed.
Zara_23
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, Does anyone know which are the top universities for a psychology conversion? I work full time in London (though could potentially reduce to 4 days a week), so I am looking for either a part time course in London or an online course. I'd like to be in a good position to get into a Doctorate course, so I'm keen to know how these courses are perceived. UEL offers a 1 year Masters with a day a week of contact which is quite appealing. However I'm not sure what their teaching quality or reputation is like. Is work experience more important than university ranking?
Any advice is welcomed! Thank you!
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Zara_23)
Hi, Does anyone know which are the top universities for a psychology conversion? I work full time in London (though could potentially reduce to 4 days a week), so I am looking for either a part time course in London or an online course. I'd like to be in a good position to get into a Doctorate course, so I'm keen to know how these courses are perceived. UEL offers a 1 year Masters with a day a week of contact which is quite appealing. However I'm not sure what their teaching quality or reputation is like. Is work experience more important than university ranking?
Work experience is definitely more important that uni ranking. In fact I wouldn't look at ranking at all. You need to work out which course works best for you in terms of your situation. This is not my field so I don't know if you need to do an accredited course or not but that's also something to consider. Consider what the course covers as well and where grads end up.
danisofiab
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi Zara,

I'm looking at psychology conversion courses at the moment - did you go for UEL or another university in the end? Would be very grateful for some advice.

Many thanks,
Dani

(Original post by Zara_23)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
61.88%
No I haven't decided yet (49)
21.97%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.14%

Watched Threads