The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Teesside University September 2018 Applicants

September is here and that means we're taking applications for 2018 :biggrin:

If you've got any questions for us, or just want to chat to other Teesside applicants, go for it! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Teesside University

If you've got any questions for us, or just want to chat to other Teesside applicants, go for it! :smile:

Hi, can you tell me when interviews will be held for the hygiene and therapy course
Thanks
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Original post by coralynpickard
Hi, can you tell me when interviews will be held for the hygiene and therapy course
Thanks

Hello, just give us a quick call on 01642 384100 and we'll have a look for you :smile:
Yes, hi! I'm very interested in applying to Teeside, I'm just having a little trouble choosing between courses.
I love the Concept Art BA, it has a really good balance between 2D and 3D artwork/modelling as well as contextual and narrative studies should I take the foundation year as well, it seems really geared towards what I feel I want to be as an artist within the industry. However I noticed it isn't creative skillset accredited? Considering that both your BA in Computer Character Animation and you BA in Computer Games Art both have that accreditation I was wondering why this course doesn't? Is it just a matter of time (I think the Concept Art BA is the newest of the courses?) or would you say that the other degrees are better at preparing you for life within the games industry?
Original post by rinofthemill
Yes, hi! I'm very interested in applying to Teeside, I'm just having a little trouble choosing between courses.
I love the Concept Art BA, it has a really good balance between 2D and 3D artwork/modelling as well as contextual and narrative studies should I take the foundation year as well, it seems really geared towards what I feel I want to be as an artist within the industry. However I noticed it isn't creative skillset accredited? Considering that both your BA in Computer Character Animation and you BA in Computer Games Art both have that accreditation I was wondering why this course doesn't? Is it just a matter of time (I think the Concept Art BA is the newest of the courses?) or would you say that the other degrees are better at preparing you for life within the games industry?

Hello there :smile:

BA Concept Art is a new course and as such, hasn't been skillset accredited yet.

If you're hoping to enter the games industry, have a think about which specific aspect of it you'd like to consider as a career. In a nutshell, Concept Art is a great option if you're interested in getting into film, TV or games as a 2D concept artist. Whereas BA Hons Games Art is your best option if you're interested in a career in 3D modelling and texturing assets in the games industry (this could be characters, weapons, vehicles etc). :smile:

Consider whether you're more interested in 2D - primarily drawing (Concept Art) or 3D - primarily modelling, texturing (Games Art).

Hope that helps! If you'd like to have a chat in more detail please feel free to drop us a line at [email protected] and we can arrange to talk on the phone or over email.

If you're not too far away you might also like to visit us at our next open day - Saturday 18 November. There'll be lots of computing staff available to talk through your options.

Good luck with your choices - shout up if you have any questions!

Laura

:bubbles:
Open day @ Teesside this weekend! (Saturday 18 November).

Check it out, come see us :smile:
Reply 6
I sent my UCAS off just under a month ago, my friends already have offers back from
Teesside. I know it can take time and everyone's application is different but I'm panicking that my application is faulted or something as my application was sent off before all my friends. I really don't want to go to any other university except Teesside. Anyone heard back yet for History?
Original post by DezR5
I sent my UCAS off just under a month ago, my friends already have offers back from
Teesside. I know it can take time and everyone's application is different but I'm panicking that my application is faulted or something as my application was sent off before all my friends. I really don't want to go to any other university except Teesside. Anyone heard back yet for History?

Hello :smile:

Don't worry - as you know, application response times can vary. But just give us a quick call on 01642 342308 to put your mind at rest. Have your UCAS number ready and we'll check everything looks okay for you!

Laura
A big thank you to everyone who joined us at our open day on Saturday!

It was lovely to see you all and a really great day :smile:

If you missed us, keep an eye on our website for next year's events.
Good morning guys

Hope you're all well. We know you're super busy with revision and decisions at the moment. If you need anything just let us know. :smile:
ah i finished my application, just need my tutor to write me a reference and send it off! I went for concept art in the end as I felt the modules matched what i want to achieve as an artist far more, so i think the skills i'd learn would be more useful! I never managed to make it up for an open day but (fingers crossed!) I'll be coming up for an interview in the near future!
ah i finished my application, just need my tutor to write me a reference and send it off! I went for concept art in the end as I felt the modules matched what i want to achieve as an artist far more, so i think the skills i'd learn would be more useful! I never managed to make it up for an open day but (fingers crossed!) I'll be coming up for an interview in the near future!

Well done getting your app done. Sounds very positive! Concept art is such a cool course. We hope to be seeing you soon - best of luck! :smile:
Morning everyone

If you're still making decisions about starting uni in 2018 come see us at our open day...

Saturday 6 January, 10.00am - 2.00pm.

Chat to subject leaders, student finance, disability support, the Students' Union, and our UCAS expert, Marie. Drop in if you have any last minute course queries, or if you need a hand getting your application sorted before the 15 Jan deadline - we're here to help!

Book here.
Anyone applying for Social Work? :smile:
hey just to check, my application has been sent off and i've recieved emails from all my other options (not offering interviews yet just informing me they've received my application and sometimes giving me a portal to log on to ect) but i haven't received one from Teeside, should I be worried (that you didn't get my application somehow) or do you just not send emails like that? Thanks in advance!
Reply 15
[QUOTE="University;73597636" Teesside="Teesside"]September is here and that means we're taking applications for 2018 :biggrin:

If you've got any questions for us, or just want to chat to other Teesside applicants, go for it! :smile:[/QUOTE

Hi I I have the right amount of ucas tarrif points to do accounting and finance at Teeside but I don't have a grade in maths Gcse I had a grade D but teeside condition are that I at least get a grade 4 but if I don't meet the condition would I still able to do the course i just wanted to know if anyone else has got a D grade in maths but still did accounting and finance at Teeside university
hey just to check, my application has been sent off and i've recieved emails from all my other options (not offering interviews yet just informing me they've received my application and sometimes giving me a portal to log on to ect) but i haven't received one from Teeside, should I be worried (that you didn't get my application somehow) or do you just not send emails like that? Thanks in advance!

Hello :smile: don't worry - you'll hear from us once your application has been processed! Please just give us a quick call on our admissions line and we can check your application status for you there and then. Just visit the course page of the course you've applied for and call us on the number listed on the right hand side of the page. Drop us a line at [email protected] if you have any problems :smile:
[QUOTE="Livid123;75105752"]
Original post by Teesside University

If you've got any questions for us, or just want to chat to other Teesside applicants, go for it! :smile:[/QUOTE

Hi I I have the right amount of ucas tarrif points to do accounting and finance at Teeside but I don't have a grade in maths Gcse I had a grade D but teeside condition are that I at least get a grade 4 but if I don't meet the condition would I still able to do the course i just wanted to know if anyone else has got a D grade in maths but still did accounting and finance at Teeside university

Hello there :smile:

A typical offer for BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance is 80-96 tariff points from at least two A levels (or equivalent) and GCSE grade A-C (or equivalent) in English and maths. If you're worried about your maths or want to chat through your options please give us a call on 01642 342312.
Thanks to all of you who attended our open day on Saturday. It was lovely to see so many of you, as well as your friends and families.

We hope you enjoyed the day and got the information you needed. Please get in touch if you missed anything or have any feedback ([email protected]).

If you missed us, our next open day is 24 February.

Thanks again
The main UCAS deadline for most undergraduate courses is just one week away - Monday 15 January :redface:

If you're not sorted yet - don't worry, there's still time.

If you need a hand with anything at all - just get in touch :smile:...drop us a line here or email us [email protected].

Best of luck with your final preparations.

Quick Reply

Latest