The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

University of Hertfordshire applicants 2018/19

Scroll to see replies

Hello!

I’ve accepted an unconditional offer for psychology, however, after a lot of thinking I’ve wondered how I would go about changing my course, as after going to a number of applicant days I feel I would find another course much more enjoyable!

Thank you!! :smile:
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Original post by chloecrazy
Hello!

I’ve accepted an unconditional offer for psychology, however, after a lot of thinking I’ve wondered how I would go about changing my course, as after going to a number of applicant days I feel I would find another course much more enjoyable!

Thank you!! :smile:

Hi Chloe,

Sorry to hear that you've changed your mind about studying Psychology, but really pleased to hear that you would still like to study at Hertfordshire!

If you would like to change your course, please call our Admissions Team on 01707 284800 and they will be able to help you.

Thanks,
Emily
Hey there, I have an offer to study at Herts in Sept. However I have been thinking to change courses, what can I do?
Reply 263
And About MSc in International Business ?
And can you also tell me about the grading system or about examination point of view ?
Hiya, I am most probably going to study midwifery at herts. However I am currently studying abroad and may not be able to fly back for any interviews. Do you offer Skype/phone interviews for midwifery?
Hello Maryam,

Please could you confirm what course and if it's Undergraduate or Postgraduate?

Thanks,
Riarna
Original post by University of Hertfordshire
Hello Maryam,

Please could you confirm what course and if it's Undergraduate or Postgraduate?

Thanks,
Riarna

It will be undergraduate and it will either be for adult nursing or midwifery.
Original post by Maryam.hannah
It will be undergraduate and it will either be for adult nursing or midwifery.

Hi @Maryam.hannah,

Thank you for confirming and sorry for the delay in replying. It would be best to contact [email protected] or call the team on +44 (0)1707 284000 who can put you in touch with the admissions tutors for the two courses to see what interview options are available.

Thanks,
Heather
Original post by Mars_99
Hey there, I have an offer to study at Herts in Sept. However I have been thinking to change courses, what can I do?

Hi @Mars_99

You may be able to change your course during Clearing. It would be best to contact our admissions team on [email protected] or +44 (0)1707 284000 who can let you know your options.

Thanks,
Heather
Original post by 17096
And About MSc in International Business ?
And can you also tell me about the grading system or about examination point of view ?

Hi @17096,

If you click on the link below there's lots of information about the different modules you will study and whether they are coursework or exam based. There's also information about the learning outcomes for each module.

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/university-of-hertfordshire-course-docs/2017_programme_specification_msc_international_business_programme_specification_v5_16011.pdf?1513781928

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Heather
Original post by University of Hertfordshire
Hi @Maryam.hannah,

Thank you for confirming and sorry for the delay in replying. It would be best to contact [email protected] or call the team on +44 (0)1707 284000 who can put you in touch with the admissions tutors for the two courses to see what interview options are available.

Thanks,
Heather

Thank you,
Can i apply for both adult nursing and midwifery at herts? Is it possible to apply for two different courses at the same uni. I have experience with working with midwives, and nurses- and would be happy with either, so long as it’s at herts.
Original post by Maryam.hannah
Thank you,
Can i apply for both adult nursing and midwifery at herts? Is it possible to apply for two different courses at the same uni. I have experience with working with midwives, and nurses- and would be happy with either, so long as it’s at herts.

Hi @Maryam.hannah

Are you hoping to apply for 2019 entry? Yes you can apply for different courses at the same uni :smile:

Thanks,
Heather
Hi Everyone,

Hope you're all enjoying the amazing weather :smile:

I just wanted to let you know we've put together loads of information for our new students here...WELCOME

Best of luck everyone with your exam results and if you need us just shout!

Thanks,
Heather

Hi, can you advise when (roughly) Herts send out joining details specific to your course. Friends going to other uni have been sent info re things to buy prior to starting (nursing courses), do Herts do this?
Original post by Mickeymygrey
Hi, can you advise when (roughly) Herts send out joining details specific to your course. Friends going to other uni have been sent info re things to buy prior to starting (nursing courses), do Herts do this?

Hi @Mickeymygrey,

Students normally get sent their joining instructions about 40 days before the start of the course (providing they've been published).

This link provides a bit more info: https://ask.herts.ac.uk/joining-instructions

Thanks,
Heather
Hi,

I've just found out that my application for MSc Computer Science (online program) was refused because the Admission Tutor failed to recognize that I have an undergraduate degree. I have a degree that was awarded in another country and that is equivalent to the UK BachelorS degree (100%). All the documents were submitted along with my initial application.

Of course, I've replied to the email and asked to check my application again, but it looks like it will take another two weeks. How can I speed up the process? I have an offer from another university and have to make my decision soon.
Original post by notastudentyet
Hi,

I've just found out that my application for MSc Computer Science (online program) was refused because the Admission Tutor failed to recognize that I have an undergraduate degree. I have a degree that was awarded in another country and that is equivalent to the UK BachelorS degree (100%). All the documents were submitted along with my initial application.

Of course, I've replied to the email and asked to check my application again, but it looks like it will take another two weeks. How can I speed up the process? I have an offer from another university and have to make my decision soon.

Hi @notastudentyet

Really sorry to hear that your application hasn't gone through. For the quickest response it would be best for you to contact our admissions team on [email protected] or call them on 01707 284000.

Hope it all gets sorted.

Thanks,
Heather
Hi Everyone,

Hope you're all enjoying the sunshine!

I just wanted to let you know our lovely student rep @Michelle Bieger has posted a new thread with recommendations of summer books and podcasts. Go and take a look and let us know yours :smile:

Any questions about your course, Clearing, or anything else just give us a shout!

Thanks,
Heather

Hey everyone,

Just checking in ahead of A-level results day next week - how is everyone feeling about your results? :smile: If you have any questions we have loads of advice on results here which should be really helpful for you >>>. You can also ask a question there in the box at the top of the page.

Fingers crossed for everyone :crossedf: let us know how you're feeling and how everything goes in this thread :dance:

Any SQA students - hope today has gone well for you :hugs:

Romatron

Spoiler

I accepted my unconditional to study at Herts earlier this year, so I am 100% going.
I am going to be studying Criminals Justice LLB.
Can’t wait to start, and hoping it will be interesting.
What’s the student life like? Is there much to do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending