The Student Room Group

Status and name change

Hi,

Online status says 'awaiting confirmation' from the Uni, I enrolled 2 weeks ago, I attended the induction day last Thursday and my first lecture is this week. Why hasn't it been confirmed yet?

Also, I got married over the summer, my surname has changed at Uni and on my bank account, will this cause any issues with my payment being received?

Thanks
Kat
Hi Kat,

Your name with the University would have to match the name we have for you to allow the University to send us over your Confirmation of Registration (COR). This could have an effect on them sending over the COR to us which would delay your payments.

If you haven't updated to your married name with us you would need to send in a covering letter to advise of the name change along with a copy of your marriage certificate. This would usually be processed within 18 working days. You can keep a check on your online account for this being updated and let the University know so they can send the COR to us. Once received it updates onto our payment system within 24 to 48 hours then payment would be in your account within three to five working days.

Thanks

Quick Reply