The Student Room Group

BTEC applied science level 3

I'm starting btec applied science level 3 in a few days. I have done AS levels in Biology,Chemistry and Psychology and got DED respectively.
I want to go into pharmacy so I need distinctions. Has anyone done btec, how difficult is it (as it is equivalent to 3 a levlels), are you allowed to redo coursework?
What advice would you give to get distinctions, besides working hard?
I just completed my BTEC in applied science this July and i know that the BTEC I undertook and the one you will do are slightly different because I know the recent revision of the course will include some exams I'm pretty sure. Also, yes you most likely will be able to resubmit coursework as long as you are not trying to resub work you got a pass on to a distinction most likely unless you are granted special permission from your tutor. Personally, I found the second year way easier than the first year because i knew what I was doing and what my tutors wanted. The best piece of advise I can give you is to follow the questions/grade criteria of your course work to the letter as it is all required to achieve distinctions. For example if you do the pass fine, the merit half arsed, and the distinction perfectly you are most likely to get a pass due to you not completing the merit fully which sucks because even if your distinction has no issues you will not be able to resub over a merit.
If you have more questions to ask about the BTEC im happy to answer.
Original post by Safh123
I'm starting btec applied science level 3 in a few days. I have done AS levels in Biology,Chemistry and Psychology and got DED respectively.
I want to go into pharmacy so I need distinctions. Has anyone done btec, how difficult is it (as it is equivalent to 3 a levlels), are you allowed to redo coursework?
What advice would you give to get distinctions, besides working hard?

hi
how did u do with applied science

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending