Mesbath
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I called up a week ago and was told my NINO was being verified, a week on it still hasn't been verified - I haven't received anything telling me what's happening?
Laura S SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Mesbath,

Once your application is fully approved it updates your information onto the payment system and your payments show as having a blocked status until we validate your NINO with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). It can take 24 to 48 hours for information to update onto the payment system and the NINO is send to the DWP on the first Wednesday after that.

This means that although the validation process itself takes a week it can take longer as for example we could have received the information onto the system late Tuesday or Wednesday so it wouldn't catch it on time and we wouldn't be able to send it until the following Wednesday. Once submitted to the DWP it would be due to be returned the following Wednesday so when returned you can check you online account on the Thursday and if the blocked status has been removed from your payments you will know your NINO has been validated.

Occasionally we need further evidence to validate your NINO after doing the check. If we required anything else from you we would have sent you out a letter to request this and you would see a copy of it on the letters and emails section of your online account.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise