There is room in UK politics for an Atheist/Humanist party. Watch

King Koala
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
According to the National centre for social research 72% of people age 18-24 in the UK are not religious.

A political party aimed at promoting Humanist values should be formed in an attempt to work towards state atheism. Example of values and policy they could promote:

-Banning of faith schools and colleges.
- Ban on daily collective worship (which is still required in 100% of all state schools)
- Passing of Euthanasia bills- giving people the right to die with dignity.
-Removal of Anglican Bishops from House of Lords.
-Two-child policy to reduce overpopulation and it's effects in global warming and climate change.
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A fascist state. Cool.
Welshstig
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So many people about to waste hours of their time debating this troll thread (even I'm wasting time writing this comment).
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah, I suppose there is room for another party that very few will care about. Sure.
King Koala
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trinculo)
A fascist state. Cool.
Far from it.
yudothis
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd vote for that.
King Koala
Rep:
?
(Original post by yudothis)
I'd vote for that.
As would many who are mindful of overpopulation, Global warming and religious tension.
Carbon Dioxide
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by King Koala)
According to the National centre for social research 72% of people age 18-24 in the UK are not religious.

A political party aimed at promoting Humanist values should be formed in an attempt to work towards state atheism. Example of values and policy they could promote:

-Banning of faith schools and colleges.
- Ban on daily collective worship (which is still required in 100% of all state schools)
- Passing of Euthanasia bills- giving people the right to die with dignity.
-Removal of Anglican Bishops from House of Lords.
-Two-child policy to reduce overpopulation and it's effects in global warming and climate change.
Sure, I can get the blatantly (anti)religious ones, but how exactly will euthanasia and a two-child policy link towards humanism? Or is this a deliberate ploy to ban all religions, or what?
King Koala
Rep:
?
(Original post by Carbon Dioxide)
Sure, I can get the blatantly (anti)religious ones, but how exactly will euthanasia and a two-child policy link towards humanism? Or is this a deliberate ploy to ban all religions, or what?
Look up Humanist campaigns.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads