Non Standard Residential Period

Watch
Dandysaurus
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,
I've been looking into accomodation at Cardiff Uni and am confused by the residential periods. With the course I want to do (Diagnostic Radiography), I would be classed as being a 'Non Standard Residential Period' student. What does this mean? Does it mean that when I'm on placement and holidays, I won't have to pay? Also, whilst on placement, will I have to find my own place to live or do the university provide it?
With the Non Standard Residential Period Accomodation, there are only 3-4 options to choose from. Are these the only ones I could go to? As in, would these be my only choices or could I choose somewhere else (eg. Talybont South or Talybont Court etc)?
Sorry for all the questions
Thanks in advance
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dandysaurus)
Hi,
I've been looking into accomodation at Cardiff Uni and am confused by the residential periods. With the course I want to do (Diagnostic Radiography), I would be classed as being a 'Non Standard Residential Period' student. What does this mean? Does it mean that when I'm on placement and holidays, I won't have to pay? Also, whilst on placement, will I have to find my own place to live or do the university provide it?
With the Non Standard Residential Period Accomodation, there are only 3-4 options to choose from. Are these the only ones I could go to? As in, would these be my only choices or could I choose somewhere else (eg. Talybont South or Talybont Court etc)?
Sorry for all the questions
Thanks in advance
It should say exactly what it means in your offer i.e dates and payment.
It means it matches your course rather than just being the September to June standard period. I expect the period will be longer or if you really are on placement they might let you avoid paying during that period.

You are going to have to ask the accommodation office for the rest.

Non standard residential period
  • Self-catered
  • These periods are set in line with individual course semester dates and generally apply to students studying:
    • Dental Hygiene/Therapy
    • Midwifery
    • Nursing
    • Operating Departmental Practice
    • Radiography / Radiotherapy
  • Actual dates for your residential period will be confirmed in your Offer of Residence.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (676)
41.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.2%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads