The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
polthegael
No... The people who took those children were wrong. They were acting in an evil way. This should not reflect on the Chechen people nor their cause.

If the Russians left Chechnya, these attacks would stop. Of course the people who did this should be punished (if it comes to it, I even accept that the Russian forces [in attempting to save lives], may have to kill them).

None of this means that Russia should stay in Chechnya. If they leave, they end attacks without bowing to terrorism, as you said.

right ok, so if the uk had of left Northern Ireland then the psycho's blowing people up and shooting each other would of stopped? get real.

You really are a jerk with a chip on his shoulder aren't you.
Vladek
right ok, so if the uk had of left Northern Ireland then the psycho's blowing people up and shooting each other would of stopped? get real.

You really are a jerk with a chip on his shoulder aren't you.

:confused: You really are a strange person with a lack of understanding. Are you English? I feel that it is possible that you have issues with the Engliah language. I have said nothing against anyone.

I only want to see peace and justice around the world. If that worries/upsets you - then you are as bad as the people occupying Ireland/Palestine/Chechnya/etc.

I am on the side of innocent victims of conflict. You seem to be advocating the continuation of conflict (in Chechnya and Ireland [from above post]). Shame on you :mad:

EDIT: Maybe I'm a "jerk", but at least I'm a "jerk" who can speak English. Please show your post, quoted above, to your remedial English teacher who will be able to point out the fundamental errors inherent in it to you.
Reply 102
polthegael
:confused: You really are a strange person with a lack of understanding. Are you English? I feel that it is possible that you have issues with the Engliah language. I have said nothing against anyone.

I only want to see peace and justice around the world. If that worries/upsets you - then you are as bad as the people occupying Ireland/Palestine/Chechnya/etc.

I am on the side of innocent victims of conflict. You seem to be advocating the continuation of conflict (in Chechnya and Ireland [from above post]). Shame on you :mad:

Get a grip. Who in gods name is occupying Ireland??? Its Northern Ireland and thats not even an occupation. What about the Unionists, should England just pander to the Republicans cos they have blown up more inocent people? Palestinians are just as bad as Israel if not worst. What do you like to see people blown up in the name of independance?
pghstochaj

Sadly the figures aren't happy reading, perhaps 100 or more children dead, that's around 200 or so parents who don't have their children tonight, or ever again.

No, and I'm sure we all have great sympathy for everybody effected - especially parents. But it could be looked at another way - like 400 or so children saved. In that view it is positive reading.
Reply 104
Onearmedbandit
No, and I'm sure we all have great sympathy for everybody effected - especially parents. But it could be looked at another way - like 400 or so children saved. In that view it is positive reading.

Exactly! It could of been much worst.
O-k... You mention Ireland. The BBC has been mentioned many times today. Check these...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/3623546.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/3620062.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/3620336.stm

These were all taken just now from today's news.

I challange you to find equivalents against republicans.

Of course it's an occupation. The people of Ireland never voted for partition. No-one was ever given a say. The last all-Ireland vote was the Westminster election of 1919 and that yielded approx 80% Sinn Fein members. They set up Dail Eireann and invited all members - nationalist, republican and unionist alike. The British started arresting and killing their own MPs to perpetuate a presence in Ireland for a variety of political, military and financial reasons. They manipulated a set of the Irish people to such an extent that, if Blair pulled out tomorrow, there would be a period of violence.

Note that this did NOT occur in the twenties when Britain pulled out of the 26 counties, even though there were way more unionists in the Free State than there are in the six counties now.

I guess that you are a unionist bigot and that that is why you are argueing with me. I have neither the time nor inclination to talk to ignorant bigots like yourself.
polthegael
O-k... You mention Ireland. The BBC has been mentioned many times today. Check these...

Of course it's an occupation. The people of Ireland never voted for partition. No-one was ever given a say. The last all-Ireland vote was the Westminster election of 1919 and that yielded approx 80% Sinn Fein members. They set up Dail Eireann and invited all members - nationalist, republican and unionist alike. The British started arresting and killing their own MPs to perpetuate a presence in Ireland for a variety of political, military and financial reasons. They manipulated a set of the Irish people to such an extent that, if Blair pulled out tomorrow, there would be a period of violence.

Note that this did NOT occur in the twenties when Britain pulled out of the 26 counties, even though there were way more unionists in the Free State than there are in the six counties now.

I guess that you are a unionist bigot and that that is why you are argueing with me. I have neither the time nor inclination to talk to ignorant bigots like yourself.

Oh FFS!
Onearmedbandit

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13212436,00.html
I dont think there is anything that can put this situation in a good light. The repercutions of the siege will have its effect on the community for years to come. Those children will live with this experience all their lives.
frost105
Those children will live with this experience all their lives.

But they will live.
Reply 109
polthegael

Feel free to piss off at anytime then.

And quit hijacking threads to get your own political views on Ireland accross. No one gives a hoot about Ireland.
Vladek
Feel free to piss off at anytime then.

And quit hijacking threads to get your own political views on Ireland accross. No one gives a hoot about Ireland.

I don't mind him on about Ireland contrary to his belief perhaps, but please make a separate thread for this unless you are contrasting views and it is appropriate. I could mention Chile and something happened there on the 11th of September too you know.
LifeWired
But they will live.

Which isnt always a consolation.
frost105
Which isnt always a consolation.

The alternative being what it is, and that would almost certainly have been a complete disaster? This will be debated for years yet, though at least it was not as bad as the Moscow Theatre Siege (most certainly a tragedy).
LifeWired
The alternative being what it is, and that would almost certainly have been a complete disaster? This will be debated for years yet, though at least it was not as bad as the Moscow Theatre Siege (most certainly a tragedy).

So far we only know that 100 have died (and i do say that i hope that it doesnt rise and that they are wrong on all accounts that it is this high) and the death toll could rise. I still think this could reach the diaster that was Moscow.

However i do want to reiterate that i think the Russian soldiers have done well and that I think fault lies in the planning of the operation.
YAY!!!
anyone remeber when there were those russian sailors trapped in a broken submarine and the russian govt left them to die cos it 'wasnt economical' to save them? F**KING SOVIETS!!
magiccarpet
YAY!!!
anyone remeber when there were those russian sailors trapped in a broken submarine and the russian govt left them to die cos it 'wasnt economical' to save them? F**KING SOVIETS!!

Yeah i remember that. And do you remember the theatre seige in Russia two years ago? So much horrible stuff happens in Russia, i'd so hate to live there!

What are you saying 'yay' to? There's nothing 'yay' about 100s of innocent people being killed.
Reply 116
frost105
So far we only know that 100 have died (and i do say that i hope that it doesnt rise and that they are wrong on all accounts that it is this high) and the death toll could rise. I still think this could reach the diaster that was Moscow.

However i do want to reiterate that i think the Russian soldiers have done well and that I think fault lies in the planning of the operation.

I think the fault starts and ends at the people who went into a school packed full of children with explosives straped to them carrying guns, that is were the blame must start and end.
Vladek
I think the fault starts and ends at the people who went into a school packed full of children with explosives straped to them carrying guns, that is were the blame must start and end.

I was talking about how the situation was dealt with.
I think it goes without saying the captors are entirely to blame for starting the situation :frown:
Reply 118
frost105
I was talking about how the situation was dealt with.
I think it goes without saying the captors are entirely to blame for starting the situation :frown:

But the situation wouldn't of happened if they hadn't done that, so no portion of blame should be laid at the feet of the soliders as they were risking their lives even being there, i know its their job but it still must of taken guts to be there.
Reply 119
there are still 3 hostage takers in the school and they have hostages, it isnt over yet, they say that 10 of the 20 hostage takers killed were of arab discent.

Latest

Trending

Trending