The Student Room Group

Student Finance DELETED MY APPLICATION!!!

So here's the thing, I applied for student finance back in March, 5 months later and I still heard nothing however, I thought this was normal due to them being busy and didn't want to hassle them, well apparently not. I phoned up last week and they proceeded to tell me that they accidently deleted my application and had 'forgot' to inform me. At this point I was extremely peeved off to say the least. I then had to send off a load of paper forms only for them to turn around and say 'sorry it's going to take 6 weeks for your forms to be processed' I start uni next week and I've been told by my uni if I don't have the loan by the day I start I'm going to have to defer or withdraw! Someone please tell me they've gone through a similar situation or advise me please? I'm getting desperate!!
Hi rhiaannonxox,

I'm sorry your application was accidentally cancelled and is now causing a delay to it being processed on time. Since we have advised you that it was our error then I would recommend calling us on 0300 100 0607 to ask about getting your application escalated. It would need to be authorised by a Team Manager but under the circumstances you would have good grounds for them accepting this. They will let you know if there is anything that we can do to help.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending