The Student Room Group

Not sure to step down from advanced computing science...

Poll

Should I stick with advanced computing?

Hello TSR, I am currently on the fence about my subject choices for getting into university. I want to do a Computer games design course at GCU (Glasgow caledonian Uni) which requires ABBB with a B at Higher maths. Currently, I have BBCCC with a C in maths and computing science.

I am already resitting higher maths but have managed to get into Advanced Computing science. My computing teacher has set a target grade at C and says it is very unlikely for me to bump up to a B, and so I am afraid that I won't get a good result due to the challenge of the course.

So, my question is would it look better and be more beneficial to drop down to resit higher computing again and be more likely to get a A or B, or should I stick it out with Advanced when I am projected to only get a C? What looks better on a Uni application, especially for Computer games design?

Cheers!
Reply 1
Personally, I wouldn't do AH Computing. From personal experience of doing it last year, it is a very time-consuming course which requires a lot of commitment and extra study to see through, and it is significantly more difficult than the Higher. In my opinion, the best option would be to go down to Higher again and attempt to get an A.

Quick Reply