Do u judge people by how they looks?

Watch
lovetospooge
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What do you think about colored hair? Like blue, pink, orange, green..etc.
And do you judge people because of their clothes?
I think if the person feels good in colored/dyed hair or the type of clothes he wears...I donn't think there should be people who just laughed at them everytime. I'm just worried if is here someone who doesn't care about what other wears/have on their heads etc..because my school is almost full of these idiots and they make me feel a little bad for others.
the one 123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
in a way like the clothes they were
2-99
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lovetospooge)
I think if the person feels good in colored/dyed hair or the type of clothes he wears...I donn't think there should be people who just laughed at them everytime. I'm just worried if is here someone who doesn't care about what other wears/have on their heads etc..because my school is almost full of these idiots and they make me feel a little bad for others.
Well, it's kinda hard not to judge - it's what we naturally do, but I think we should stay open-minded, and know the person better, before passing final judgement. Preliminary judgement is ok as long as you are open to change your view. Overtly laughing is a bit rude and ignorant, though.
lovetospooge
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by 2-99)
Well, it's kinda hard not to judge - it's what we naturally do, but I think we should stay open-minded, and know the person better, before passing final judgement. Preliminary judgement is ok as long as you are open to change your view. Overtly laughing is a bit rude and ignorant, though.
Yea, I mean..I sometimes tell for myself something like ,,this look bad." etc....but i really dc. but the're the types of groups that they start to scream over all the school how bad he/she look..
TheAlchemistress
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes I do.
BOTCWTGBC
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
We judge everyone, by looks, hair, clothes etc and it's perfectly natural. Whether it is conscious or unconscious I'm not entirely sure.

What you do with that judgement is what matters though.
Quirky Object
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
how they looks
I judge people by how they conjugate verbs.
username2926188
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
We all judge but I try not to judge negatively. I'm not really in any place to cos I look trash.
AnnieGakusei
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I often get first impressions based on things like hairstyle and clothing, but they are not usually that strong and I will very quickly override that first impression if I actually talk to them.

I perceive people with coloured hair as a little alternative. They're generally people who don't mind standing out from the crowd, and often pretty cool. Same with piercings and tattoos.

For clothing, I rarely notice clothing unless it really doesn't suit the person or if it's a slightly odd fashion (such as a leopard print jumpsuit). As someone who wears a variety of different styles as the mood takes her, I don't care if you're wearing a scruffy t-shirt or an expensive one, unless it's inappropriate for the situation (for example, if you wear your best designer trainers to go caving or hiking through muddy countryside, in which case I may well laugh internally because it's not a very sensible choice).

The one fashion hang-up I have that I can't shake off is eyebrows. Like, don't pluck them into strange shapes or draw them on with felt-tip because they usually look daft unless you really know what you're doing. But ultimately, it's that person's decision, and I'm not petty enough to refuse to be friends because I don't like your eyebrows... I have better reasons to not like people.

It's not like I'd ever be rude behind a person's back because of their fashion choices, after all.
username738914
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Depends. I'll judge on whether I'm attracted to someone or not based on looks but beyond that I can't really draw any conclusions about them as a person.

The only exception to the above is when people just don't take any care at all to groom themselves or don't pay attention to their hygiene.
somemightsay888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If romantically interested then yeah obviously

Otherwise tbh, no. Unless they're obese and smell or take pride in a lack of personal hygiene, that's out of order.
Emily.97
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think when we see people we start to judge them very quickly, whether we like it or not. It's almost like an automatic process and sometimes I have to stop myself and tell myself that actually, that was really unfair and my judgement of somebody was wrong.
Kiimii
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i died my hair a while back, its something that i chose to do so i accepted that people might judge or whatever but I was happy with it so didn't mind i don't understand why some dye their hair & then complain about the attention when its fairly easy to change back

i try to not judge others though
whatshouldido23
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Think everyone does naturally, but I try to see past my initial judgement of people. Someone once told me that your first judgement is what society has conditioned you to think and your second judgement shows who you really are
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (697)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (875)
42.56%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
19.07%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.47%

Watched Threads