The Student Room Group

Last minute a level choice help please

I have to choose tomorrow but need advice between combinations I can't decide. Keep in mind I have to do EPQ.
Chemistry biology maths
Chemistry maths economics
Chemistry biology maths and economics
dont do 4 its useless
Original post by Reece.W.J
I have to choose tomorrow but need advice between combinations I can't decide. Keep in mind I have to do EPQ.
Chemistry biology maths

depends on the career path you want to take? for medicine it's best to do biology, chemistry and maths. don't do four A levels and the EPQ because I did 3 As levels and the EPQ and i really struggled.
Reply 3
It depends- do you know what you want to study at university?
Original post by SummerAmber00
depends on the career path you want to take? for medicine it's best to do biology, chemistry and maths. don't do four A levels and the EPQ because I did 3 As levels and the EPQ and i really struggled.

I might do chemistry biology maths. I'm thinking of doing something business / science. However I know that business related degrees don't require economics. I still enjoy economics which is why I'm tempted to do 4 + EPQ
Original post by loletta
It depends- do you know what you want to study at university?

Either something business / science maybe chemical engineering
Reply 6
Chemistry biology maths

Your thread is quite pointless unless you give more information (e.g. what you intend to do in the future, how you are coping with the subjects etc). We are not you, so we cannot decide without knowing.
Original post by Baaah
Your thread is quite pointless unless you give more information (e.g. what you intend to do in the future, how you are coping with the subjects etc). We are not you, so we cannot decide without knowing.

I want to do a business related degree or science possibly chemical engineering. I'm did well in these areas at gcse
Reply 8
You could begin with 4 and drop one if it becomes irrelevant or too much work. All the combinations are pretty good:

Chemistry biology maths --> better if you want to keep medicine/bio/biochem open, and you could probably take a business degree with these subjects too, and you could always do something business or economics related for your EPQ.
Chemistry maths economics --> fine if you want to do chem or econ/business
Chemistry biology maths and economics --> keeps the most routes open, although this would be more work. Probably drop one of the subjects at AS, or even before if your career path becomes obvious or workload too much.
I want to do a business related degree or science possibly chemical engineering. I'm did well in these areas at gcse

To most broaden your horizon, take math, chem and bio. Econ isn't a requirement at ANY uni but bare in mind that if you apply for econ at uni, they may ask why you didn't take it in the first place..
Original post by Ze Witcher
To most broaden your horizon, take math, chem and bio. Econ isn't a requirement at ANY uni but bare in mind that if you apply for econ at uni, they may ask why you didn't take it in the first place..

I'm pretty sure I won't do econ degree maybe accounting and finance. I'm trying to find something I can do for a good paying science job

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending