The Student Room Group

Can't post anonymously? Anyone know why?

Weird, logged in to reply to a thread that I made anon, but now can't reply in anon in that thread. Also I've just tried to post a thread anonymously, but the option has gone. Any ideas? Thanks.
Original post by Standard Procedure
Weird, logged in to reply to a thread that I made anon, but now can't reply in anon in that thread. Also I've just tried to post a thread anonymously, but the option has gone. Any ideas? Thanks.

Yh i just realised that too! The only thing you could possibly try is post the thread then quickly edit it and thats when the 'post anonumously' option is available. Xxx
Original post by A.N123
Yh i just realised that too! The only thing you could possibly try is post the thread then quickly edit it and thats when the 'post anonumously' option is available. Xxx

Glad it's not just me. Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.
Reply 3
It seems to only be applicable on specific subforums
Original post by Standard Procedure
Glad it's not just me. Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

Your welcome xxx
Hellooooooo,

This is a bit embarrassing :colondollar:

There were some backend changes made earlier today with regards to anonymous posting, the settings were updated to allow anonymous posting elsewhere on the site by the CT, but in doing that it seems that anonymous posting has accidentally been disabled in H&R.

Please don't worry, I'm very sure it will be fixed when the CT get into the office tomorrow. Really sorry about that.

FYI: @Danny Dorito, @Fox Corner, @BurstingBubbles
Original post by Paracosm
Hellooooooo,

This is a bit embarrassing :colondollar:

There were some backend changes made earlier today with regards to anonymous posting, the settings were updated to allow anonymous posting elsewhere on the site by the CT, but in doing that it seems that anonymous posting has accidentally been disabled in H&R.

Please don't worry, I'm very sure it will be fixed when the CT get into the office tomorrow. Really sorry about that.

FYI: @Danny Dorito, @Fox Corner, @BurstingBubbles

Ha, no worries, thanks for the heads up. Do you mind deleting my test thread please? Apologies.
Banta
Hi guys!

This has now been fixed. :smile:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending