The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Should I apply to Bristol Uni?

So i'm thinking of applying to do a BSc in Social Policy at Bristol because its one of the best instititions in the UK for this subject and I know its a really nice city from people who have applied there and also I visites there a couple of years ago and it had a nice vibe. I've just got my AS results back and I got two As (one of which was in Sociology which is useful) and a B and a C, meaning I ought to be capable of getting the ABB requirement at A-level. Because i'm unable to attend the open days for Bristol, I was wondering whether it is still worth applying for as I am less informed. Also if anyone has studied a social science BSc - what is it like because at all the other unis i'm applying for, Social Policy is a BA? If anyone studies any other subjects at Bristol, what's the general student life and accomodation like?
Thanks for your help☺
Reply 1
Don't be put off because you havent been to the open day. Bristol is a great city and university and with ABB predictions you should be fine. The accommodation varies depending on how much you want to spend and how close you want to be to the main uni buildings
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Mconn
Don't be put off because you havent been to the open day. Bristol is a great city and university and with ABB predictions you should be fine. The accommodation varies depending on how much you want to spend and how close you want to be to the main uni buildings

Thanks for your advice :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Cheesestringxo
Thanks for your advice :smile:

No worries. Any other questions you have about Bristol I'll gladly answer
Bristol : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khM7tjui86Q

Whats not to like?

And Social Science at Bristol is excellent!
I can't say much about the uni but I live in the outskirts or Bristol. It is a great city, and there is loads to do in the city centre
Original post by returnmigrant
Bristol : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khM7tjui86Q

Whats not to like?

And Social Science at Bristol is excellent!

Thanks for the link! Yeah it is in the top 10 for Social Policy so I will apply and if I get an offer i'll try my best to visit Bristol :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Cheesestringxo
So i'm thinking of applying to do a BSc in Social Policy at Bristol because its one of the best instititions in the UK for this subject and I know its a really nice city from people who have applied there and also I visites there a couple of years ago and it had a nice vibe. I've just got my AS results back and I got two As (one of which was in Sociology which is useful) and a B and a C, meaning I ought to be capable of getting the ABB requirement at A-level. Because i'm unable to attend the open days for Bristol, I was wondering whether it is still worth applying for as I am less informed. Also if anyone has studied a social science BSc - what is it like because at all the other unis i'm applying for, Social Policy is a BA? If anyone studies any other subjects at Bristol, what's the general student life and accomodation like?
Thanks for your help☺

If you have visited places like Warwick, York or Durham and know that these smaller cities are not your thing, and that big cities like Manchester, Leeds or London is, then Bristol is a good direction to go!

I am from London, and after visiting uni's up north then visiting Bristol, i realised city life is sooo much more worth it (for me personally). There so much to see and do and it's all at my doorstep.

Open days are the chance to see what the city is, not necessarily to see what your course is like. So if you're wondering about your course, just assess whether this is the stuff you really want to be studying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending