?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
The course, and what I could go on to do with it in a career😊
Ruby1997
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
In terms of career, you can go in to a few NHS or private health care professions such as nursing, social work, occupational therapy (excluding professions such as medicine, physiotherapist ,scientist which require a scientific background) or you could teach, work in education or in childcare!

I only did GCSE health & social so I'm not much help on what the course is like!
Flower_123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ruby1997)
In terms of career, you can go in to a few NHS or private health care professions such as nursing, social work, occupational therapy (excluding professions such as medicine, physiotherapist ,scientist which require a scientific background) or you could teach, work in education or in childcare!

I only did GCSE health & social so I'm not much help on what the course is like!
What would you need to be a physiotherapist?
AnnaGlypta
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The course is quite interesting and could lead to roles in the care and education sectors. Is this a BTEC? Most of the work you do will be assignments, some potential topics covered could be;
  • human lifespan development
  • working in health and social care
  • anatomy and physiology for health and social care
  • enquiries into current research in health and social care
  • meeting individual care and support needs
  • work experience in health and social care,
  • principles of safe practice in health and social care promoting public health

Most level 2 and level 3 courses require you to undertake some form of work experience.

Are you starting this course soon? Im surprised you don't already know this information.
AnnaGlypta
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Flower_123)
You need a lot of science to become a physiotherapist. Specifically human biology. The degree is extremely hard and challenging most courses require higher UCAS points than if you want to go on and do nursing.
Ruby1997
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Science A levels ideally. Most universities want A level Biology &/or A level Physical Education + 1 Science / Science related A level such as Maths or Psychology. Health & Social A level without science A levels or just a health and social btec wouldn't cut it unfortunatly, its an extremely competitive course. I have friends who where predicted A*'s at A level in the sciences with tons of work experience rejected from all unis they applied too!
What are your goals?
Ruby1997
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just checked - if you wanted to do Physiotherapy with health & social care at any university you NEED A level biology or A level human biology at grade A
Flower_123
Rep:
?
(Original post by AnnaGlypta)
The course is quite interesting and could lead to roles in the care and education sectors. Is this a BTEC? Most of the work you do will be assignments, some potential topics covered could be;
  • human lifespan development
  • working in health and social care
  • anatomy and physiology for health and social care
  • enquiries into current research in health and social care
  • meeting individual care and support needs
  • work experience in health and social care,
  • principles of safe practice in health and social care promoting public health

Most level 2 and level 3 courses require you to undertake some form of work experience.

Are you starting this course soon? Im surprised you don't already know this information.
Hi, I'm starting this course very soon. I know what I'm going to be learning, but I would like to hear it from another persons perspective and what you can eventually do with it as a career, as I still don't know what I want to become when I'm older.
Saras98
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I'm starting this course very soon. I know what I'm going to be learning, but I would like to hear it from another persons perspective and what you can eventually do with it as a career, as I still don't know what I want to become when I'm older.
Hi, I have finished this course a year ago level3 and achieved DD* and u can do load with it such as get into nursing in university, teacher, social worker and study science.
Flower_123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ruby1997)
Science A levels ideally. Most universities want A level Biology &/or A level Physical Education + 1 Science / Science related A level such as Maths or Psychology. Health & Social A level without science A levels or just a health and social btec wouldn't cut it unfortunatly, its an extremely competitive course. I have friends who where predicted A*'s at A level in the sciences with tons of work experience rejected from all unis they applied too!
What are your goals?
My goal is to get a high grade so to speak in this 2 year course. I'm on level 3 extended btec diploma. I'm not sure where I want to go afterwards? I only know that I have a passion for wanting to help others, I've been inspire by family who work in the NHS too. Not sure where I want to go after this.. which is why i also asked from another persons perspective to what's involved in the course.😊
Saras98
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My goal is to get a high grade so to speak in this 2 year course. I'm on level 3 extended btec diploma. I'm not sure where I want to go afterwards? I only know that I have a passion for wanting to help others, I've been inspire by family who work in the NHS too. Not sure where I want to go after this.. which is why i also asked from another persons perspective to what's involved in the course.😊
U can get into nursing field like study adult, child nursing or mental health nursing.
Ruby1997
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Aw ok! That sounds like such an amazing reason to do your course. My mum did the same course as you (back in the day), it got her in to a great uni & she is now earning a very good wage in the private sector!- so anything is possible! I wish you the best of luck☺️
Flower_123
Rep:
?
Thanku very much all! Al the feedback/replies is very useful!😊
Ellero
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I finished my btec this year, most people went on to study nursing, midwifery, psychology and occupational therapy. I got in to study politics with it so it's quite flexible.
Amyjane__
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
im doing Level 3 adult social care at college, after that I'm going to do Level 3 health and social care diploma and extended diploma. you can go into a range of different area of social and health work. i am also doing a phlebotomist course on top of this year, which would help me to be a practice nurse!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (363)
66.97%
No (179)
33.03%

Watched Threads