The Student Room Group

Poor UKCAT score and Dentistry dilemma

I want to apply to Sheffield, Liverpool and Manchester university for Dentistry but I got a low UKCAT score with average 615 and a band 3 in the situational judgement aspect. Sheffield and Manchester accept band 1 and 2 so I'm ruling those out but I'm worried I won't get accepted anywhere else. Leeds is an option which require BMAT but all other universities require UKCAT.
Other possibilities are Bristol and Newcastle university.
Would I be at a disadvantage with this rubbish score?
Hey, your UKCAT score isn't that awful so you still stand a chance provided that you choose universities that aren't so UKCAT heavy/don't look at SJT.

If you have good GCSE grades and predictions with an eye-grabbing personal statement then hopefully that should pull up your chances of getting an interview.
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Hey, your UKCAT score isn't that awful so you still stand a chance provided that you choose universities that aren't so UKCAT heavy/don't look at SJT.

If you have good GCSE grades and predictions with an eye-grabbing personal statement then hopefully that should pull up your chances of getting an interview.

Bristol and Newcastle don't look at the situational judgement score as much but I've heard that Newcastle is heavily UKCAT based?
Original post by eternalhinch
Bristol and Newcastle don't look at the situational judgement score as much but I've heard that Newcastle is heavily UKCAT based?

Tbh I'm not sure about universities outside of London so I can't give much advice on specific universities but if you get a list of all the universities that offer dentistry and then visit their websites to see how they rank applicants, that might be of help to you.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Tbh I'm not sure about universities outside of London so I can't give much advice on specific universities but if you get a list of all the universities that offer dentistry and then visit their websites to see how they rank applicants, that might be of help to you.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help

It's fine thank you for your help!!
Cardiff uni doesn't look massively at UKCAT as a last resort x
Original post by laurenbethhh
Cardiff uni doesn't look massively at UKCAT as a last resort x

Thank you! I have considered Cardiff but my parents argue it's too far away.
Reply 7
I got 635 and I'm quite worried about applying to manchester
I'v heard Liverpool isn't too heavy on UKCAT
Reply 8
Original post by Hafsahh
I got 635 and I'm quite worried about applying to manchester
I'v heard Liverpool isn't too heavy on UKCAT

Hey,
did u end up applying to Manchester. If you did, did u get an interview?

Quick Reply

Latest