daniel9873
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I received my AS grades and it's quite bad....
If I have bad predicted grades..... I can't I apply to a top uni
say if I meet the entry requirements overall can I go through clearing somehow
dmahg
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by daniel9873)
I received my AS grades and it's quite bad....
If I have bad predicted grades..... I can't I apply to a top uni
say if I meet the entry requirements overall can I go through clearing somehow
I got bad AS grades. C in maths, D in physics, C in computing and an A in Economics.

Despite this, I was still predicted A*AB. The reason for this was because from GCSEs, class tests and mock exams, my teachers determined that my AS grades were an anomoly and that I could end up with good grades at the end of A2s. Fortunately I did get A*AB. I did really bad in one exam for each AS level bar Econ. So what's the situation with you, did you do bad in one paper or all of them? Do you have a good reputation in your school (academically)? Because i'm sure they can do for you what they did for me, if your circumstance is similar to mine.

If they don't, don't worry. Predicted grades aren't 100% accurate measures. Yes bad predictions will reduce the chances of you getting an offer, this is inevitable but at the end of A levels you can go through a process called 'adjustment'. This is the opposite of 'clearing' where you ended up doing better than you anticipated. Really good courses from top universities are available through adjustment, so this is definitely a good option for you to consider.

If you don't want the uncertainty of finding out what you'll study till after A level results day, then don't apply for university this year. Get your grades and reapply the next year. Use the next year as a gap year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (429)
56.75%
I don't have everything I need (327)
43.25%

Watched Threads