Should I contest my grade?

Watch this thread
celiacheung85
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all,

I am currently a Msc student. Unfortunately, due to unexpected circumstances, I needed to resit a few subjects as first opportunity. I am able to obtain a C or higher on most of them but the grade of one of the subjects is still a E. I hired a tutor for that subject to help me to catch up with my work and I asked him to take a look at my work before I submitted it. He told me that I should be able to get a C for this. But I get a E instead. He told me that it is very unlikely and I should contest my grade. What do you think?

Thanks,

Celia
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by celiacheung85)
Hi all,

I am currently a Msc student. Unfortunately, due to unexpected circumstances, I needed to resit a few subjects as first opportunity. I am able to obtain a C or higher on most of them but the grade of one of the subjects is still a E. I hired a tutor for that subject to help me to catch up with my work and I asked him to take a look at my work before I submitted it. He told me that I should be able to get a C for this. But I get a E instead. He told me that it is very unlikely and I should contest my grade. What do you think?

Thanks,

Celia
First off you're getting grades instead of marks for masters level work? This seems a bit odd. Your tutor is unlikely to be able to give your work a grade unless they work for the uni which is highly unlikely and unethical. Grades are given on the basis of academic merit so unless you have mitigating circumstances or a reason other than academic merit to contest your grade there isn't much you can do. You may want to talk to your tutor at the uni to see what the next steps are.
paulbarlow
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
your doing a masters you should know any resit will be graded at 40% as a d you cant get a c no matter how good it is. my wife had to resit an essay it was an e first time. and the second was 3bs and 2cs in the marking but will only be a d a bare pass.
bamtutor
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by thelazybusybum)
If you can justify it, that should be fine.
As the OP was 4 years ago, I'm sure she has sorted it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (15)
15.31%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (25)
25.51%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (54)
55.1%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
4.08%

Watched Threads