The Student Room Group

Maintence loan when circumstances have changed

I applied for the full maintence loan, however my circumstances have changed and I have now decided to stay at home. My course starts in just over a week, what should I do?
Hi Sophieellie,

You would need to update your application to change your Maintenance Loan (ML) from the elsewhere rate to living in the parental home so we can reassess you for the lower rate of ML.

To do this you would opt to change your application via your online account and go into the option to change your course details and submit that information through again. It will take you to the part where it asks where you will be living during the academic year and you can select parental home for this.

If it doesn't let you make the changes online it would bring up a link for your to print off a paper Change of Circumstances (CO1) form and you would need to fill in section 4 question C.1. If you have updated a term address and want to remove this you can also update this on Section 2. Make sure you put your name and Customer Reference Number (CRN) on the first page and sign and date the declaration on the final page.

We are currently taking up to 16 working days to process the changes if made online and 17 working days for processing the CO1 form from date of receipt. A new Notification of Entitlement (NOE) letter will be sent to confirm your loan has been updated. You first payment may be made before we process this but we will adjust your second and third instalments to recover the extra that was paid.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending