what is the easiest language to learn and use?

Watch
HucktheForde
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
the most efficient , consistent and make sense language, what is it?

Spoiler:
Show

definitely not french with all their silent vowels
ihatePE
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
welsh
atsushimurasak
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
nope
for sureeeeee es ist deutsch
ParentalAdvisory
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
It depends what your native language is.

There are studies on this and easily found using google. I think for english speakers dutch and norwegian were supposed to be easier.

Esperanto would probably be considered the easiest if you count it as a language for your purposes. It is intentionally made easy/easier, though this would probably for european language native speakers. I doubt a chinese or japanese speaker would think it much easier than other european languages.
esrever
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Python
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Sign language?
Vanny17
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ParentalAdvisory)
It depends what your native language is.

There are studies on this and easily found using google. I think for english speakers dutch and norwegian were supposed to be easier.

Esperanto would probably be considered the easiest if you count it as a language for your purposes. It is intentionally made easy/easier, though this would probably for european language native speakers. I doubt a chinese or japanese speaker would think it much easier than other european languages.
I especially think German is easier than Dutch but maybe that's just me. But I do agree that it really does depends on your native language and affinity for languages.
ParentalAdvisory
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vanny17)
I especially think German is easier than Dutch but maybe that's just me. But I do agree that it really does depends on your native language and affinity for languages.
yeah possibly, i don't speak either so wouldn't know ! :dunce:

this is one article about it, they seem to evaluate it based on common words, sentence structure and pronunciation.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...ages-to-learn/
doggypoop69
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
roadman language
Good bloke
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by HucktheForde)
the most efficient , consistent and make sense language, what is it?

Spoiler:
Show

definitely not french with all their silent vowels

The easiest language to learn is always the one spoken by the people responsible for your upbringing.

If you think French has lots of silent vowels your school English teacher obviously hasn't yet introduced you to such advanced English vocabulary as the words 'cake', 'like' and 'puke'.
Plagioclase
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
The Foreign Service Institute has a list of estimates for the amount of time required for English speakers to attain proficiency in various foreign languages. It considers Danish, Dutch, French, Italian, Norwegian, Portugese, Romanian, Spanish and Swedish to be the easiest languages for native English speakers to learn.
Vanny17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ParentalAdvisory)
yeah possibly, i don't speak either so wouldn't know ! :dunce:

this is one article about it, they seem to evaluate it based on common words, sentence structure and pronunciation.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...ages-to-learn/
Haha, you can learn a language once you have a passion for it. I checked the article, however, I don't agree with some of their language choices e.g. Esperanto, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish. I tend to find these languages hard lol, or maybe it's my lack of passion for them.
0zzu
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Esperanto!

EDIT: Some links:

https://learn.esperanto.com/en/
http://www.esperanto-panorama.net/angla/vortaro.htm
http://esperanto.50webs.com/index.html

Also Duolingo has an Esperanto course

It's like Spanish but much easier.
Sonicalireza
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Python
0zzu
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sonicalireza)
Python
You're a bit late :P someone already made that joke.
Siberiaan
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Plagioclase)
The Foreign Service Institute has a list of estimates for the amount of time required for English speakers to attain proficiency in various foreign languages. It considers Danish, Dutch, French, Italian, Norwegian, Portugese, Romanian, Spanish and Swedish to be the easiest languages for native English speakers to learn.
Who needs 24 weeks for dutch , all we need is je moeder.
classicsgal
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I would say Spanish
cheesecakelove
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
A lot of my friends said German was easy to learn - easy to pronounce and the grammar is fairly simple to grasp. When it came to dropping a language at school, many picked to carry on with German. I was the odd one one and picked French ahah
hoixw
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
c++

No really, I would say scandinavian languages are really easy to learn. Mainly Swedish and Norweigan are easy. Also some say German is easy but I am bad at all languages so i find it pretty hard
Unown Uzer
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Perhaps Esperanto or Interlingua
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (106)
34.3%
Yes - a trusted person (88)
28.48%
No (82)
26.54%
I'm not sure (33)
10.68%

Watched Threads