anuahs
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Any good books about the Biomedical Science and Genetics area that are good to read? I am looking to study these courses at University and would like to gain some more knowledge.
QuentinM
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you looking for short books to pique interest, or actual textbooks you might use on these courses?

In terms of actual textbooks you might use on this course-if thats what you are looking for, probably don't bother. There will usually be enough in the library for you to rent for a few weeks/term when you need them.

For general medical sciences, you could check out "Sherwood's Physiology", or "Medical science" by Naish/Revest/Syndercombe court. They got me through a Medical Science degree in 1st/2nd year pretty well. I would check them in your local library if you can, can be quite pricey to buy if you arent guaranteed a place on one of those degrees yet. If you are more into cellular level stuff, "Alberts Molecular Biology of the Cell" is a great book. Worth noting that all of these books are massive, several hundred pages.
anuahs
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you for your reply! Yes I was just looking for general reading material rather than textbooks. Thank you for your suggestions I will have to check the library for them! Do you enjoy your course?

(Original post by QuentinM)
Are you looking for short books to pique interest, or actual textbooks you might use on these courses?

In terms of actual textbooks you might use on this course-if thats what you are looking for, probably don't bother. There will usually be enough in the library for you to rent for a few weeks/term when you need them.

For general medical sciences, you could check out "Sherwood's Physiology", or "Medical science" by Naish/Revest/Syndercombe court. They got me through a Medical Science degree in 1st/2nd year pretty well. I would check them in your local library if you can, can be quite pricey to buy if you arent guaranteed a place on one of those degrees yet. If you are more into cellular level stuff, "Alberts Molecular Biology of the Cell" is a great book. Worth noting that all of these books are massive, several hundred pages.
QuentinM
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by anuahs)
Thank you for your reply! Yes I was just looking for general reading material rather than textbooks. Thank you for your suggestions I will have to check the library for them! Do you enjoy your course?
Yeah i did enjoy both my degrees in the end.

Sorry i can only provide those textbooks as suggestions. I can't think of any good books as general reading, really.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (58)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.84%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.49%

Watched Threads