"Artist" provokes backlash after mocking working class men Watch

This discussion is closed.
Eunomia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Just my opinion)
Some apology. She still manages to turn herself into the victim.
Ironically the privileged world this entitled fool lives in was built by lads like that.
If blue collar men like them disappeared from the face of the earth the world would grinding to a halt pretty much over night.
If the Hetty Douglas' of the world disappeared over night that who the hell would notice?
Perhaps if you are on social media you should check out Justine Sacco experience.
https://youtu.be/wAIP6fI0NAI
The difference being Sacco was being ironic and didn't mean any harm, but still her life was ruined.
The reactions in both examples were ridiculous and people need to stop indulging in self-righteous fury. Hetty Douglas deserved to be criticised, but the threats and sexist abuse is unjustifiable and should not be tolerated.
Underscore__
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The funny part is her caption is grammatically incorrect, I bet her English GCSE went well…
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
jkls92
Badges: 20
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Joinedup)
Does seem to drive the upper middle class mad when they have to queue up behind people they think are less important than they are.
It does. When it happens to me I always recall the ending of a wonderful Italian book, the precursor of The Picture of Dorian Gray. The aristocratic protagonist finds himself climbing his stairs behind two porters who are transporting furniture he bought from the auction of a decayed noble friend to subtract them from new money bidders. The passage metaphorically denounces the decline of a certain part of society and the rise of the bourgeoisie. Walking behind lower class people is highly symbolic of modern, egalitarian society.
ltsmith
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i bet she has a gender studies degree
looloo2134
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
She just sounds a bit childish hopefully as she gets older she understands that world not fair and not all people have the same opportunities in life as she has.
(Original post by ltsmith)
i bet she has a gender studies degree
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (487)
31.1%
The paper was reasonable (603)
38.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (257)
16.41%
It was TERRIBLE (219)
13.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed