The Student Room Group

Is it normal to be unhappy most of the time?

Feeling ungrateful, down, low self-esteem most of the time and just dissatisfied?

Does this sound like a case of general discontentment or depression? I don't think it's depression.
Is there anything in particular that's triggering these emotions, it's not normal to be unhappy:frown:
Reply 2
Original post by King Leonidas
Is there anything in particular that's triggering these emotions, it's not normal to be unhappy:frown:

Well, loneliness and just the way life has treated me. I was bullied as a child and my family members on my mom's side have said terrible things about my mother and myself. To my face and behind our backs. My parents divorced when I was a child. That can be part of it who knows. But that's when I was eight and I'm going to be 23 soon. I've never been in a relationship and I feel fat and ugly as it is, so this is just worsening my self esteem. I have no friends. I'm not rich. I just feel as if my life sucks.
I feel the same way, to be honest and for me it has become normal. If you need to talk to anyone about it, feel free to pm, because I know how talking about how you feel really makes a difference.
Reply 4
Original post by Magicphilos
I feel the same way, to be honest and for me it has become normal. If you need to talk to anyone about it, feel free to pm, because I know how talking about how you feel really makes a difference.

That's very kind of you. Thanks for reaching out.
That sounds like depression to me.
I understand how you feel, and I know its not the easiest but you should try and be more positive, think of positive changes that you can make which will effect how you feel. Try to figure out why you're feeling this way and this will help you try to feel better. I recently downloaded the app Headspace which is a really nice way to relax for a few minutes of the day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending