Turn on thread page Beta

King's College London ~ Extended Medical Degree Programme (EMDP) A101 - 2018 Entry watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Hey everyone!

This is the thread for those wishing to apply for the A101, Extended Medical Degree Programme (EMDP) here at King's College London, for entry in September 2018. Feel free to mix and converse with those going through the process with you.

The online prospectus page for A101 is found here: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...amme-mbbs.aspx

ReputationRep:
    What does it mean by ACORN 4 or 5 postcodes in the eligibility section, my postcode is a 3 and the road near mine is a 5, doesn't seem to make much sense, can I still apply for this? BTW about 2 days ago I met the eligibility criteria and now it's changed, isn't that short noticed? It says alternatively take part in realising opportunities but how can I if applications are due in one month?

ReputationRep:
    If u don't live in acorn 4 or 5 then it's too risky to apply. They will cut u off straight away if u live in any other areas. Also u don't have to be part of the programmes mentioned, I spoke to the admissions office about this

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs: 5As 4A*s
    A-level (predictions): AAA
    UKCAT: 610
    Work experience: 6-months weekly volunteering at local hospital, 1 week shadowing in a GP

Would I be likely to get an interview/offer (I know my UKCAT is really bad)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eesa)
    GCSEs: 5As 4A*s
    A-level (predictions): AAA
    UKCAT: 610
    Work experience: 6-months weekly volunteering at local hospital, 1 week shadowing in a GP

Would I be likely to get an interview/offer (I know my UKCAT is really bad)
    why are you applying to this programme when u have the right grades for medicine? this is a widening access course for people who don't have the right grades. I would look at Cardiff to do med if I were you. u r grades are good for that and they also don't look at UKCAT
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PP112)
    why are you applying to this programme when u have the right grades for medicine? this is a widening access course for people who don't have the right grades. I would look at Cardiff to do med if I were you. u r grades are good for that and they also don't look at UKCAT
    I agree so many people have applied for the EMDP when they have the right grades for the 5yr, it infuriates me

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Is this programme suitable for mature students? I'm 22 and due to circumstances didnt have the opportunity to do GCSE's or A levels when i was younger. I'm currently doing 5 IGCSE's to be sat this May/June and afterwards do A levels or an Access course to medicine.
    Any advice is highly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordFifth)
    Hi. Is this programme suitable for mature students? I'm 22 and due to circumstances didnt have the opportunity to do GCSE's or A levels when i was younger. I'm currently doing 5 IGCSE's to be sat this May/June and afterwards do A levels or an Access course to medicine.
    Any advice is highly appreciated!
    yes it is. as long as you didn't do a degree before hand and you meet the other requirements of living in an acorn 4 or 5 area
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    anyone got an interview yet?

ReputationRep:
    Want to know this too! been waiting for so long!!

ReputationRep:
    I want to find out now I'm so impatient

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean! its the one I want so bad yet the one that is taking forever it's making me so anxious

ReputationRep:
    anyone with an interview?

ReputationRep:
    I recieved an interview on the 19th Dec for interview on the 7th Feb

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if the MMI for the EMDP is the same as the MMI for A100?

ReputationRep:
    mine is 2 days later. GOOD LUCK!
    (Original post by 55pippa5)
    I recieved an interview on the 19th Dec for interview on the 7th Feb

ReputationRep:
    Did you get an email? or was it on UCAS track?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemistry003)
    Did you get an email? or was it on UCAS track?
    Got an email saying Kings Apply had been updated, nothing on UCAS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 55pippa5)
    Got an email saying Kings Apply had been updated, nothing on UCAS
    I don't think interviews are updated on track. It may just be for actual offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maeri18)
    I got an offer for interview on the 3rd Jan '18
    How'd the interview go?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 20, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.