Would you forgive someone if they Cheated? Watch

Poll: Would you forgive Someone if they Cheated on you?
Yes (3)
8.82%
No (31)
91.18%
Thrillanthropist
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Would you?

I was implicated in an affair which I had no idea about and long story short the guy was playing both of us at the same time. She's still with him, even though he's been hiding the fact that he'd been seeing me for about 6 months. I forgive him because I'm a really forgiving person and I couldn't hold a grudge if I tried.

But cheating is not okay. At all. But if you cared about someone would you forgive them for cheating if they were sincerely sorry?
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Thrillanthropist)
Would you?

I was implicated in an affair which I had no idea about and long story short the guy was playing both of us at the same time. She's still with him, even though he's been hiding the fact that he'd been seeing me for about 6 months. I forgive him because I'm a really forgiving person and I couldn't hold a grudge if I tried.

But cheating is not okay. At all. But if you cared about someone would you forgive them for cheating if they were sincerely sorry?
Nope. Because if they cheat once and get away with it, they'll think they can do it again.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No. How do I know he's not going to do it again?
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No. I wouldn't forgive my partner if he ever cheated, especially now that he is my husband took a vow to be faithful to me as I have to him.
examiningboard
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Depends on the extent of 'cheating'. I could probably forgive a kiss, if I knew it was a genuine mistake and didn't mean anything; it would definitely take some time though. Anything other than that, no.
Magicphilos
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would forgive it (in time), but a second chance would not be given. It's a conscious decision to go out of your way to cheat on your partner... It's an act of selfishness and means you're not considering your partner's feelings at all.

It's not hard to remain loyal, especially if you love and care for the person you're with.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think it's generally going to be a "no" from everyone on TSR.
moonzig
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Would you?

I wouldn't be able to, would make me question everything
Thrillanthropist
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ)
I think it's generally going to be a "no" from everyone on TSR.
Why do you think that?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why do you think that?
Just look at the relationship forum threads based around someone cheating and you'll understand why.
math42
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I probably wouldn't hold a grudge forever but I would certainly end the relationship.
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's a breach of trust, I wouldn't be able to stay with them.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Catelyn forgave Eddard.
yayayas
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would forgive him but I wouldn't give a second chance
Richard0328
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
cheating is betrayal and nobody gets the opportunity to betray me twice
SMEGGGY
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't cheat on me but I'm a hypocrite :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sloth Queen
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends on the scenario. If they're drunk and kiss somebody, but talk to that person when they're sober to confirm that it was a mistake and are honest with me also, I could let that slide. But I couldn't forgive it if they did it again, or if they slept with someone else.
wastedcuriosity
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did. It was a big mistake; I've had trust issues ever since and as a result, our relationship fell apart.
joan1035
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If my partner is someone whom i've known for ages and is just someone that i really care about, then yes i would forgive him. Would i trust him again? Well, NOT WITH MY FEELINGS but other than that yeah sure. You can break a glass and try to glue all the pieces together, but you'll still see where all the cracks are.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
sandysofia
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No. I might not be the best person in the world but I'm still valuable and deserve to be treated nicely. Cheating is an option, doesn't matter if they were drunk, if they regret it after. Cheating can destroy a person. You will literally go insane with the tiniest things. I've been cheated before, I pretended I didn't know, a lot of people warned me but since my ex denied I would pretend to believe him. It was the worse thing ever.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (224)
72.73%
Jeremy Hunt (84)
27.27%

Watched Threads