The Student Room Group

Need help about my A levels

So i find myself in this hard decision. My school does not provide a2 maths because i was the only one that passed so they essentially cant provide a levels maths just for one student. So the alternative choice is to go to a different school 3 times a week for maths which is further away and is very annoying since i still have lessons during those days at my school. The thing is i need a B grade in a level maths to get into uni i want. Can i even self teach myself a2 maths which would be C3 C4 and M1 and do those exams. Im really unsure what to do. Any advice?
Reply 1
I taught myself all of A2 maths and ended up with an A overall. Honestly you don't really need teachers at all, in A2 I didn't follow the lessons because I was several lessons ahead at all times. Self-teaching is definitely possible.

Just go through the textbook doing the questions, then when you've completed a module start trying past papers. It worked for me, but I know some people rely on teachers more.
Reply 2
Original post by Aranos
I taught myself all of A2 maths and ended up with an A overall. Honestly you don't really need teachers at all, in A2 I didn't follow the lessons because I was several lessons ahead at all times. Self-teaching is definitely possible.

Just go through the textbook doing the questions, then when you've completed a module start trying past papers. It worked for me, but I know some people rely on teachers more.

Can i self teach my self AS and A2 ?
Reply 3
Original post by Cannon1
Can i self teach my self AS and A2 ?

I don't see why not
Original post by Owas1s
So i find myself in this hard decision. My school does not provide a2 maths because i was the only one that passed so they essentially cant provide a levels maths just for one student. So the alternative choice is to go to a different school 3 times a week for maths which is further away and is very annoying since i still have lessons during those days at my school. The thing is i need a B grade in a level maths to get into uni i want. Can i even self teach myself a2 maths which would be C3 C4 and M1 and do those exams. Im really unsure what to do. Any advice?

Can you not just switch schools completely and go to the one that does maths? At least then you wouldn't have the fuss of having to go to 2 places.
Reply 5
Original post by Aranos

So how did you go about taking the exams?

Quick Reply

Latest