The Student Room Group

Is dropping this subject the right thing?

In my AS Maths I got a U, so retaking every module (C1,C2,S1) on top of all my other subjects (German, Economics and Business) i think would be too much a work load. I'm only predicted BCC and i really wanna get that up. I want to do Economics at uni, or a school leavers program in investment or banking, so do i need maths?
Original post by 11singhd
In my AS Maths I got a U, so retaking every module (C1,C2,S1) on top of all my other subjects (German, Economics and Business) i think would be too much a work load. I'm only predicted BCC and i really wanna get that up. I want to do Economics at uni, or a school leavers program in investment or banking, so do i need maths?

Think you do need maths for economics! I remember when I started A levels I was considering taking economics but at my college you need a B at GCSE maths and I had a C.

That would be quite the work load, some universities could ask for maths but i think perhaps with your predicted grades you could consider foundation years so might get in without maths that way.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
That would be quite the work load, some universities could ask for maths but i think perhaps with your predicted grades you could consider foundation years so might get in without maths that way.

My business subject is an applied A Level, does that affect things?
My business subject is an applied A Level, does that affect things?

I don't think so
Reply 5
Original post by claireestelle
I don't think so

great thanks

Quick Reply

Latest