The Student Room Group

is this enough for a dental application? advice needed

GCSE= 10A*3A
AS= AABB
predicted AAA
(edited 6 years ago)
Your GCSEs will help you a great deal. I would make your final choices after taking your UKCAT. KCL will look at your application hollsitically but you'll need to be predicted their minimum requirements (A*AA atleast) so talk to your teachers about this and try to bump up one of your subjects. I don't think your extra curricular things are boring at all - probably more unique than what I had. Just make sure you nail your UKCAT as it will help you greatly. Have you had a look at Cardiff and Birmingham as they favour strong GCSEs?
Lol when I applied my only extracurricular activity was tutoring so in the weeks before the deadline I started reading around the subject (to make my hobby of reading relevant) and rapidly knitting a scarf (to show manual dexterity).

In other words, you'll be fine - in terms of the requirements they *say* they want.

I don't want to be pessimistic about the whole process and I know other people will say you will be absolutely fine (and you are really in terms of grades and experience etc.) but believe me from my experiences nothing can guarantee you a place. In the end it's all down to your luck and how the admission tutors are feeling when they go through applications.

Anyway good luck! :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Hafsahh
GCSE= 10A*3A
AS= AABB
predicted AAA

extracurricular- baking
setting up a florist business, marketing and photography for that
east lancs scholars programme

3 weeks worth of work experience at GDP
8 weeks of voluntary work at a charity shop every weekend

are my extracurricular activities too little and boring?
I feel like I have nothing special to give besides my grades which everyone will have

I want to apply to
1. Leeds
2. manchester
3.liverpool
and i would love to go KCL but with my extracurricular it seems stupid to apply

I was predicted AAA and I managed to get into KCL so if you really want to go there I would apply. What is your UKCAT score?

Also if you want any tips or advice in applying feel free to PM me :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by dentalstudent201
I was predicted AAA and I managed to get into KCL so if you really want to go there I would apply. What is your UKCAT score?

Also if you want any tips or advice in applying feel free to PM me :smile:

IV just got 635 and band 2 SJ

Quick Reply

Latest