Gem2017
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by medi_terranean)
https://www.lawcareers.net/search?sc...&rg=North+West

This might be a good place to start
How many would you think is ok to apply for??

I've appiled for TLT, Ward Hadaway and Irwin Mitchell for a TC and I'm looking at getting a summer vacation this summer?
medi_terranean
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Gem2017)
How many would you think is ok to apply for??

I've appiled for TLT, Ward Hadaway and Irwin Mitchell for a TC and I'm looking at getting a summer vacation this summer?
I would say about 5-8. I think the general census is no more than 10. Although the law of averages says the more you apply for, the more chance you have of success. Actually, the more applications you do, more often the standards slip and so overall, you are less successful.

Tailor the applications to each individual firm and get them in early. There are a few vacation scheme applications still open but you'll have to be quick if you're serious about obtaining one. They really are a foot in the door in order to get a TC.
xxblue
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone heard back from Dentons (post WGT)??
akr123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PMF_II)
It’s said in the confirmation email that although the GR team reviews applications on a rolling basis, AC invitations will be sent out nearer the deadline.
Hey thank you so much for replying, but their email is exactly what is confusing me haha! It says:
"We are continuing to review applications on a rolling basis. Assessment days will be held throughout the year, with invitations for the assessment days sent nearer the deadline."
^This is why I am confused because on the one hand they are saying assessment centres will be held throughout the year i.e. there must have been some already, but they then contradict themselves saying invites are only handed out nearer the deadline. How did you read into that email sentence? As I thought assessment days must have been held since October when the apps opened as they have stated above?
PMF_II
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My interpretation is that NRF will run their ACs around the same time with their deadlines. For non-law graduates, the deadline is March. The GR team will review applications as they come in. If you apply in November, you may hear back earlier than someone who applies in February, for example, but it won’t be too far from the deadline.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
jb9390
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by akr123)
Hey thank you so much for replying, but their email is exactly what is confusing me haha! It says:
"We are continuing to review applications on a rolling basis. Assessment days will be held throughout the year, with invitations for the assessment days sent nearer the deadline."
^This is why I am confused because on the one hand they are saying assessment centres will be held throughout the year i.e. there must have been some already, but they then contradict themselves saying invites are only handed out nearer the deadline. How did you read into that email sentence? As I thought assessment days must have been held since October when the apps opened as they have stated above?
My interpretation is that NRF will run their ACs around the same time with their deadlines. For non-law graduates, the deadline is March. The GR team will review applications as they come in. If you apply in November, you may hear back earlier than someone who applies in February, for example, but it won’t be too far from the deadline.
Had another look and interestingly it seems like they've changed it from the graduates can apply from Oct- March to graduates/finalists can apply on a rolling basis.

This would make me think that they're not planning to do any ACs until the summer which would be pretty annoying if you applied early.
akr123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jb9390)
Had another look and interestingly it seems like they've changed it from the graduates can apply from Oct- March to graduates/finalists can apply on a rolling basis.

This would make me think that they're not planning to do any ACs until the summer which would be pretty annoying if you applied early.
Thank you for replying, can I ask what makes you say that? Because online it says graduates should apply between October and March so I assumed that there would be ACs throughout the year, however their email contradicts itself saying ACs are held throughout the year but invites are sent towards the deadline.
jb9390
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by akr123)
Thank you for replying, can I ask what makes you say that? Because online it says graduates should apply between October and March so I assumed that there would be ACs throughout the year, however their email contradicts itself saying ACs are held throughout the year but invites are sent towards the deadline.
Hey - so if I'm not mistaken - this link used to say between Oct- March but it now says rolling basis.. (so from anytime in October to the July deadline) https://fsr.cvmailuk.com/nortonrosef...r%26srxksl%3D1

I could be wrong but it just gives me the impression that they will probably do the ACs closer to the summer if they got rid of the distinction between finalists/grad and second year students?
xxblue
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For those of you enquiring about NRF. A friend of mine applied last year in November for the direct TC and got an AC invite in February (they were the first set of interviews) so just FYI for those waiting/confused about the automated response from the grad team! I hope this helps
kiwibird342
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone received PFO from Freshfields TC?
EKaEn
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kiwibird342)
Has anyone received PFO from Freshfields TC?
I did, but to be fair i didnt get to any interviews

Echoing the question if anyone's heard from Dentons yet?
user1612
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hogan Lovells anyone? Still waiting post WG
EKaEn
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by user1612)
When did you do yours? It took them a fair enough time to get to me after WG
user1612
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by EKaEn)
When did you do yours? It took them a fair enough time to get to me after WG
Almost a month ago - last time I got invited to a phone interview on the evening of passing the WG. Good times, good times. A PFO is coming my way, no doubt.

How has your application gone?
EKaEn
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Almost a month ago - last time I got invited to a phone interview on the evening of passing the WG. Good times, good times. A PFO is coming my way, no doubt.

How has your application gone?
well if its any consolation, they were really focusing on sorting out the VS in January and first part of Feb.

Been to AC with them, no response so far, but honestly not very hopeful. The group inteview was brutal and I wasn't on my best performance. Wonder how likely I am to hear within 5 days that they promised.
PMF_II
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hogan Lovells screens your application before sending out an WG invite. If you failed the WG, wouldn’t you received an automated rejection shortly? I guess you haven’t heard back because they’ve been busy with VS applications.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Procrastinators
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I submitted my TC (law) online application to Dentons slightly more than a month ago. Anyone knows when can I expect a reply from them following the submission of my application? Thanks
user1612
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by EKaEn)
well if its any consolation, they were really focusing on sorting out the VS in January and first part of Feb.

Been to AC with them, no response so far, but honestly not very hopeful. The group inteview was brutal and I wasn't on my best performance. Wonder how likely I am to hear within 5 days that they promised.
Someone else said that the group interview was awful. I wish you all the best and I hope that you hear soon (with good news)!!
user1612
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hogan Lovells screens your application before sending out an WG invite. If you failed the WG, wouldn’t you received an automated rejection shortly? I guess you haven’t heard back because they’ve been busy with VS applications.
I assume you are correct, but just because I passed the WG doesn't mean that I won't still get rejected - depends on what they think about my app + the WG combined (I reckon they send out the WG to everyone that meets the minimum 2.1 requirements and then look properly after the WG).

Thank you for your help though!
OAL93
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone done a strengths based interview recently? Got one coming up for TLT and not sure what to expect other than what appears on google, which are the same 10 questions really.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (164)
18.45%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (90)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.65%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (129)
14.51%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.56%
How can I be the best version of myself? (273)
30.71%

Watched Threads