The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not an answer to your questions, sorry :smile: I wanted to know this as well, since I've been looking into doing A-levels with them too. Don't want to rush, but their discount ends after tomorrow and they'll be £150 more expensive :frown: Hopefully someone can give us a proper answer soon.
Yeh i hope so too. Eager to get going
Reply 3
I enrolled a month or two ago for 3 A Levels, You recieve all of your content as soon as you’re officially enrolled. You have tutors for each subject and the list of degrees some tutors have is amazing! They respond fast, First time I emailed my tutors it took less than 30 minutes for a response and the quickest was 16 minutes! (I’m taking A Level Business, Economics and Politics)
Thank u for replying. So overall you are happy with their course? How are u finding studying 3 at once? Arebu aiming to complete in 1 or 2 yrs? Do u work also? Cant decide whether to do 2 or 3
Reply 5
I've just enrolled on 3 A-Levels (English Lit, Philosophy and Business Studies) with Open Study College :smile: Just waiting for my content to arrive in the post now! I'm aiming to complete all 3 in one year, I work weekends too (16 hours)
(edited 6 years ago)
So you are doing 3 also. Ok. i dont know if could do 3 in a year but qould hope i could over 2 years. Work full time and 2 kids and hubby who works all the time so very little spare time.
Let me know what ur course stuff is like when it comes plz?
Reply 7
Original post by Lisa Wallace
Thank u for replying. So overall you are happy with their course? How are u finding studying 3 at once? Arebu aiming to complete in 1 or 2 yrs? Do u work also? Cant decide whether to do 2 or 3

Yep, I’m loving the course! Study 3 at once is the norm (For full time students), so it’s completely manageable, I’m doing a day for each subject and I keep getting too ahead of myself and learning way more than other would’ve done by now! I’m studying for 2 years. I do not have a job, I’m a full time student!

Doing 3 would get you into university! If that’s where you’re planning to head next! But doing 2 or 3 is completely your choice. It depends how much you can Study and if you can get ahold of concepts easily or not!
Thats fanastic. U seem to be doing really well. Yeh im still havin to work full time so probly 2 is more rralistic for me to begin. What i thought was if i start wth 2 and i find i am flying through i can always add a 3rd later. Yes uni is my plan. Aiming high for medicine and see how i get on.
Need 3 A's and an A at AS so uphill climb ahead.
Original post by frankiefusciaxx
Not an answer to your questions, sorry :smile: I wanted to know this as well, since I've been looking into doing A-levels with them too. Don't want to rush, but their discount ends after tomorrow and they'll be £150 more expensive :frown: Hopefully someone can give us a proper answer soon.

That discount is rolling, a couple of weeks ago it ran out on the 6th now its the 13th. It's just a sales ploy :wink:
Reply 10
What was the difference between paying £479 for the 'study online' and £449 for the 'study pack' please?
Reply 11
Original post by lmbb
I've just enrolled on 3 A-Levels (English Lit, Philosophy and Business Studies) with Open Study College :smile: Just waiting for my content to arrive in the post now! I'm aiming to complete all 3 in one year, I work weekends too (16 hours)

I'm about to enrol on the English Lit A Level - whats the difference between 'study online' for £479 and 'study pack' for £449. Hope you can help. Thanks
Original post by KLJS37
I'm about to enrol on the English Lit A Level - whats the difference between 'study online' for £479 and 'study pack' for £449. Hope you can help. Thanks

Study Online is access online, so you’ll have like power points (not all have them) or PDF files to work off. A pack is what that’ll send you through the post and it’s all printed out so you can work off of it
I imagine through online access you just have to email your tutor the work back, and with a study back you have to send it regularly by post or is it just a case of submitting it all towards the end of the course? Thanks
Reply 14
I am looking to do a event management course and wedding planning. Does anyone have any tips on this or reviews on this.I am thinking to get the study pack rather than doing the online course. what do people prefer?
Are these qualifications fully recognised A’levels when you apply for university? What board do they use? Excited to get started.
yes they are fully recognised A'levels. The board(s) depends on the company you use. You should checkout which schools/colleges accept external candidates for exams in your area and which boards they use.
Original post by Buzzyme3
Are these qualifications fully recognised A’levels when you apply for university? What board do they use? Excited to get started.

Yes, They’re fully recognised, For all of my subjects it Edexcel but I think it’s different for each subject, so I would recommend you check beforehand!
Has anyone gone to uni or got in through the alevel open study qualifications
Hi has anyone got into uni doing the a levels at open study college?