The Student Room Group

AQA English language remark

I'm 4 marks away from the next grade, is it worth remarking my paper cause english is subjective marking?
Not with how AQA have been this year lol.
Reply 2
So then i'm just wasting money if i remark it?
I'm getting mine remarked tomorrow and the school offered to pay for it because I was only 2 marks off the next grade!
How have AQA been so far with the remarks?
Original post by EvNeedsHelp
I'm getting mine remarked tomorrow and the school offered to pay for it because I was only 2 marks off the next grade!
How have AQA been so far with the remarks?

Not great. Me and several other users have been between 0.5-1.5 Raw marks off the next grade and the remark changed nothing. Not to be pessimistic, it's just how it's been
Original post by nioernoifew
So then i'm just wasting money if i remark it?

I'd reccomend getting the script back first. They've been very harsh this year - I was 1-1.5 Raw marks (converted from UMS) off the next grade and nothing changed.
Original post by Ruby1997
I'd reccomend getting the script back first. They've been very harsh this year - I was 1-1.5 Raw marks (converted from UMS) off the next grade and nothing changed.

Hey there, it's not called being harsh, it's just that they marked it correctly the first time around. Remarks hardy ever work. To the OP, get your script back, like you said.
Reply 7
So do i need to pay to get my script back? And what do i do after i get it back? Show it to my english teacher and then let them read it and see if i should get it remarked?
So do i need to pay to get my script back? And what do i do after i get it back? Show it to my english teacher and then let them read it and see if i should get it remarked?

Yes. It's about £15 to get your script back and your teacher can then review it
I'm getting my AQA english language remarked too - was 2 marks off a 7 (it was strange to get a 6 since I was predicted an 8 and i got a 9 in lit as well as all my other subjects (A*))
Not great. Me and several other users have been between 0.5-1.5 Raw marks off the next grade and the remark changed nothing. Not to be pessimistic, it's just how it's been

Sooooo sad! How long did the remark take?
Original post by Elite360
Sooooo sad! How long did the remark take?

4 days
4 days

That was quick! I thought it was would be way longer!
I'm 4 marks away from the next grade, is it worth remarking my paper cause english is subjective marking?

My friend has just had a remark. She went up a grade, with an additional 3 marks. Worth a try!
They undermark them ! Mine went up 4 marks lol ums but unfortunately it wasn't enough :frown: but it's worth it .
Original post by monelbailey
They undermark them ! Mine went up 4 marks lol ums but unfortunately it wasn't enough :frown: but it's worth it .

Did you get a refund though? I just got my english lang remarked and went up by 5 marks, so now I'm 6 marks off a 9. I'm confident I could get my mark up, but not sure it would be enough to change the grade so I was wondering if they still refund you if your mark changed but your grade didn't.
I'm 9 marks away from a grade 6 which is a B . Should i remark it? Or should i resit the exam again? But I'm afraid that I might get the same grade again.

Quick Reply

Latest