The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Computer Geek
Don't be so sure, Strathclyde has more links with employers

But Glasgow's department is far better. RGU also has great links with employers doesn't mean their departments are all that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you want to talk about Links with Employers QUB has links with 500 employers
Original post by M4cc4n4
If you want to talk about Links with Employers QUB has links with 500 employers

They do, but the top 50 or so of those employers (e.g. Microsoft, Kainos, IBM) are worth having on your CV. For example, QUB also place students in the local public sector, which is a doss year for the placement student where they basically work on a telephone help desk (basically the old "have you tried turning it on and off again" gig). So a lot of the placements aren't great in terms of learning,

TBF QUB does have some very good placements, but they are competitive.

Many unis have at least some great industry connections too. For example a student at Greenwich spoke recently of their placement at Oracle.
Anybody know if bad gcses, would stop St.Andrews from offering a place on CS course, if my AS Grades meet and A2 predictions exceed their requirements?

@jestersnow
Original post by M4cc4n4
Anybody know if bad gcses, would stop St.Andrews from offering a place on CS course, if my AS Grades meet and A2 predictions exceed their requirements?

@jestersnow

I wouldn't be 100% sure, but St Andrews have a reputation for being selective. Best to check with the university.
Original post by jestersnow
I wouldn't be 100% sure, but St Andrews have a reputation for being selective. Best to check with the university.

Yeah they can afford to be picky I think :/
Sorry I know this thread is old but I was wondering about Loughborough university as it seems to be highly rated fairly often
Is Nottingham University good and can international students get a job after doing Bsc Computer science with Artificial Inteligence
Original post by arpitaraora
Is Nottingham University good and can international students get a job after doing Bsc Computer science with Artificial Inteligence

Nottingham is an excellent university. I'm sure it'll open many doors for you. :fluffy:

Latest

Trending

Trending