Cxesar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Allright now me being me i have left things late and because i didnt do as well as i hoped on results day but i still did relatively well,and I have since gone to nearly every sixth form in the Borough. Now this is an issue as i have now got offers or awaiting offers from them. I have decided to not stay at my high school as it f**ked me over so here are the options. Now the issue is they all want me to be there at 8/9 am in the morining tommorow and this i cannot possibly do. And if i dont go my "place will be taken". So here the options i have. They are not the best but beggars cant be choosers.

I want to do Law so this may help.

ANY help will be appricated.

Option A: WHS
Subjects: Gives me 4 subjects- all that im happy with -Socio, Econ,Politics, History
Facilities: Amazing facilities, best out out of the schools for which i have seen and been offered. 1/3
Teaching: 3/3
Vibe: DOdGy VibE
I dont know many people going to do ALevels here but i do know some guys doing Btecs. I can make friends so that isnt a problem though. 3/3
Staff: Im not sure about the staff to be honest with you mixed bag 2/3
I would just about get along with head of sixth form

Option B:NHHS
Subjects: Doesnt give me History (you need to have done it at gcse ) which is a Deal breaker for me but i feel if i beg they may let me on (A&B in other humanities ). Gives me two other meh subjects. 3/3
Staff: I have no idea to be frank but its a mixed bag.
Teaching- grades: 1/3
Facililites: 2/3 join with option C
Vibe:Normal
I know 3 other people going properly and a bunch of other friends will be applying so interms of that its good.

Option C: CHS
Subjects: History Econ Politivs which im allright with.
Location: 50 MIN AWAY not an issue nowbut during exam time could be an issue as i wanna get the best grades possible for myself.
Staff : Seem amazing and friendly and the best from what i have seen for sure. Also the only thing that is making me come here is the head of 6th form and he is also a Politics teacher which i could bond with and get advice from as he seems a good Chap.
Grades: 3/3 compared to other schools
Facilites: 2/3
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
Going from purely your breakdowns, I'd go for Option A. Best facilities, the subjects you want to do AND close to home, surely it's a winner?
Crumpet1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How do the students tend to perform at A'level in the subjects that you will be studying? I can't make that out from your OP, but with law your ultimate A'level grades are the main thing that matters, as it will be the first step in getting you on to the track that you need to be on to succeed.
Cxesar
Rep:
?
Thank you ik not sure what to do as a i have olaces in other schools too.
(Original post by Anonymous)
Going from purely your breakdowns, I'd go for Option A. Best facilities, the subjects you want to do AND close to home, surely it's a winner?
Cxesar
Rep:
?
I M checked rhr school websites and it has nothing on there.
(Original post by Crumpet1)
How do the students tend to perform at A'level in the subjects that you will be studying? I can't make that out from your OP, but with law your ultimate A'level grades are the main thing that matters, as it will be the first step in getting you on to the track that you need to be on to succeed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (586)
34.21%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (706)
41.21%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (343)
20.02%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (78)
4.55%

Watched Threads