The Student Room Group

Applying for PPE after dropping economics A2?

Hi all, so I intend on applying to study ppe at University however I also want to drop economics for the a2 level. Would this hinder my chances of getting into top universities like Oxford, Warwick etc? Because it isn't a required subject however it might look strange dropping a subject that I want to study at part of my university degree...
Original post by Hshshsjssnsns
Hi all, so I intend on applying to study ppe at University however I also want to drop economics for the a2 level. Would this hinder my chances of getting into top universities like Oxford, Warwick etc? Because it isn't a required subject however it might look strange dropping a subject that I want to study at part of my university degree...

What are your other subjects?
It wouldn't rule out a succesful application, but it would probably hinder you a bit
I think it will affect you a bit. If you're currently taking 4 subjects, you can possibly drop one after getting an offer. But obviously you'll have to contact the university first before dropping it. Your offer might get declined if you don't.
Original post by Glassapple
What are your other subjects?

English lit, maths and history

Quick Reply

Latest