YammyCookie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I'm considering applying for the summer internships at Deloitte and have a few questions, hopefully someone can help me

1. Can I apply for several internships at the same time and see which one I get (eg audit and technology), or only one?

2. Out of these internships on offer:
Audit & Assurance
Business & Financial Advisory
Governance, Risk & Regulation
Strategy & Operations
Tax Consulting
Technology
Which ones are generally easier/harder to get?

3. The website says "Please note: if you do go on to join us as a full time graduate, we expect you to apply within the same job family and at the same office as your summer internship."
Does this mean if you apply for eg. a technology internship, you can't apply again for a job in audit if you wish to later on?

4. Assuming I fail to obtain an internship, would that be disadvantageous when applying for graduate roles or can things like involvement in uni societies/other work experience make up for the lack of one?

Thanks.
ohdrama
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by YammyCookie)
Hi, I'm considering applying for the summer internships at Deloitte and have a few questions, hopefully someone can help me

1. Can I apply for several internships at the same time and see which one I get (eg audit and technology), or only one?

2. Out of these internships on offer:
Audit & Assurance
Business & Financial Advisory
Governance, Risk & Regulation
Strategy & Operations
Tax Consulting
Technology
Which ones are generally easier/harder to get?

3. The website says "Please note: if you do go on to join us as a full time graduate, we expect you to apply within the same job family and at the same office as your summer internship."
Does this mean if you apply for eg. a technology internship, you can't apply again for a job in audit if you wish to later on?

4. Assuming I fail to obtain an internship, would that be disadvantageous when applying for graduate roles or can things like involvement in uni societies/other work experience make up for the lack of one?

Thanks.
1. You were only able to apply for one back when I did mine
2. Gonna go out on a limb here and say audit - although all of them are fairly competitive in comparison to the graduate schemes as a lot less spaces generally
3. You can but you will have to re-do the first interview. Say you do the internship in audit - this would mean being fast-tracked to the partner interview for the graduate scheme. If you were to switch to Technology they'd have you go back in the process to the first interview (assuming this hasn't changed recently)
4. You don't necessarily need one, think some form of work experience is enough for the majority of grad schemes. It's a nice little insight into the work and potential coworkers though so would def recommend doing an internship if you can.
YammyCookie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by ohdrama)
1. You were only able to apply for one back when I did mine
2. Gonna go out on a limb here and say audit - although all of them are fairly competitive in comparison to the graduate schemes as a lot less spaces generally
3. You can but you will have to re-do the first interview. Say you do the internship in audit - this would mean being fast-tracked to the partner interview for the graduate scheme. If you were to switch to Technology they'd have you go back in the process to the first interview (assuming this hasn't changed recently)
4. You don't necessarily need one, think some form of work experience is enough for the majority of grad schemes. It's a nice little insight into the work and potential coworkers though so would def recommend doing an internship if you can.
Oh I see, thanks for clearing things up!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
30.12%
No - I have already returned home (23)
13.86%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (37)
22.29%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (15)
9.04%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
24.7%

Watched Threads