My issue with my English language GCSE

Watch
Burak yilmaz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Good afternoon everyone,

I came to UK for the first time at September 2015 , and I started AS Level straight away with taking maths and English language GCSE as they're vital for mechanical engineering course at University.
This summer I managed to get AABB and passed my math GCSE with a B at the first time.. but couldn't manage to pass English language GCSE despite repeating it three times!!!!!!!

I really really need your help to advise me what to do to get a C at least at my English language GCSE...

PS CIE is my specification.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Burak yilmaz)
Good afternoon everyone,

I came to UK for the first time at September 2015 , and I started AS Level straight away with taking maths and English language GCSE as they're vital for mechanical engineering course at University.
This summer I managed to get AABB and passed my math GCSE with a B at the first time.. but couldn't manage to pass English language GCSE despite repeating it three times!!!!!!!

I really really need your help to advise me what to do to get a C at least at my English language GCSE...

Get revision books.
Practice exams more.
Pay for a tutor.
Watch youtube videos.

Do exams , get the marked and find out where you went wrong.
Revision books, videos and a tutor should show you what the standard is they look for. Put the two together and you should improve.

Take it seriously.
Burak yilmaz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Get revision books.
Practice exams more.
Pay for a tutor.
Watch youtube videos.

Do exams , get the marked and find out where you went wrong.
Revision books, videos and a tutor should show you what the standard is they look for. Put the two together and you should improve.

Take it seriously.
is there a speicific youtube channel and revision book that can help me to acheive a C??
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Good afternoon everyone,

What are your school doing to help you?
Mckailer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Practice a lot of writing, past papers and revise books, found out what your weak points are in English language and aim to improve them. Personally I think reading a lot of reading books is also a great help with vocabulary, creativity (that helps with story writing and makes your writing more interesting), punctuation and spelling.

Also check out this youtube channel it REALLY helped me with writing for different audiences and purposes and even breaks down all the different questions in the exams and tells you how to answer them. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEp...Dzg8jSe12tGnCg
troubletracking
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
is there a speicific youtube channel and revision book that can help me to acheive a C??
If you're on AQA, then Mr Bruff will be a lifesaver. Mr Salles and Mrs Whelan are also pretty good too. I would recommend using Mr Bruff or whoever and just getting a workbook, because you don't want to con yourself into thinking you're revising by highlighting a revision guide. The key to English language is exam technique, and doing question after question should prepare you for the real exam.
If you're not on AQA, I don't know of any English YouTubers, so I would recommend getting a revision guide and a workbook because you don't have someone there to explain what to do to you.
As for revision guides, the CGP all-in-one ones are good (the purple ones) are great if you need it to be explained before you answer the questions or the Pearson ones are good if you just want a revision guide
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (11)
19.3%
I'm not sure (2)
3.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (16)
28.07%
I have already dropped out (2)
3.51%
I'm not a current university student (26)
45.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed