The Student Room Group

my bid decison

hi guys my name is jane i stay and school in rome and i failed my igcse exam, i mean it was a disaster i got 3gs 1f and 4 ungraded subjects and i dont know what that means, but the school say i should repeat year 11 and i dont wanna do that, because thats my younger brothers grade, its going to be embarrassing and most importantly i feel i should be given a chance at least to try the ib class and at the sametime work out a schedule to also study for the next igcse exam, i mean i think my opinion matter at least its my future we are talking about after all and i also think that if i am given a chance that would motivate me to do my very best in my studies and i also kind of think that if i am forced to redo grade 11 again i dont think i will be happy enough to put in my best into my school work. thanks to whoever is reading this message and i hope you reply and tel me what you think.
Original post by abdljane
hi guys my name is jane i stay and school in rome and i failed my igcse exam, i mean it was a disaster i got 3gs 1f and 4 ungraded subjects and i dont know what that means, but the school say i should repeat year 11 and i dont wanna do that, because thats my younger brothers grade, its going to be embarrassing and most importantly i feel i should be given a chance at least to try the ib class and at the sametime work out a schedule to also study for the next igcse exam, i mean i think my opinion matter at least its my future we are talking about after all and i also think that if i am given a chance that would motivate me to do my very best in my studies and i also kind of think that if i am forced to redo grade 11 again i dont think i will be happy enough to put in my best into my school work. thanks to whoever is reading this message and i hope you reply and tel me what you think.

Your exams were as you say a disaster.

You will almost certainly find IB too difficult and it will be a waster of everyones time. It is harder than the exams you have already failed.

Of you are bothered about your future then you will resit the year and show everyone you can do well rather than sacrifice it because you are a little embarrassed you did poorly.

If you arent prepared to put in your best effort in resit year, then thats up to you and you can do poorly all over again. You dont seem to be able to see the bigger picture or whats important. An older student would be able to see that and do whats best for their education.

Do the year again especially if you want to get into uni.

Quick Reply

Latest