Stvn
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have previously studied one year full time and one year as a part time student for a previous degree that I didn't complete. I received £9000 tuition fee loan for the first year and £2250 for the year I studied part time. Will I be able to receive a tuition fee loan if I am starting another degree?
Miriam SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Stvn

Just to ask you some questions to give you the correct information.

Is it a part-time or full-time course you are going to be studying? And how long will the course be for?

Thanks Miriam.
Stvn
Rep:
?
It will be a full time course for 3 year

(Original post by Miriam SFE)
Hi Stvn

Just to ask you some questions to give you the correct information.

Is it a part-time or full-time course you are going to be studying? And how long will the course be for?

Thanks Miriam.
Miriam SFE
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Stvn

You can apply for full funding for the three years of study,however as you have used your gift year it means if you had to repeat a year you will need to self fund the fees and will be eligible for maintenance support only.

The application you will need to submit is a new students PN1 form;http://bit.ly/2mrTfas

Thanks Miriam.
Stvn
Rep:
?
Hi Stvn

You can apply for full funding for the three years of study,however as you have used your gift year it means if you had to repeat a year you will need to self fund the fees and will be eligible for maintenance support only.

The application you will need to submit is a new students PN1 form;http://bit.ly/2mrTfas

Thanks Miriam.
Hi Miriam

Does this mean I will qualify for full funding for all three years of the course?

Thanks

Steven
Miriam SFE
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Stvn

Yes that's correct you will be awarded full funding for the three years of study but will need to self fund if you had to repeat a year of study.

Thanks Miriam
Stvn
Rep:
?
Thank you very much. My part time study was me retaking 2 of my first year modules so in essence retaking first year on a part time basis. I did receive tuition funding for this of £2250 and a maintenance loan. Will this part time study affect my funding for my new course?
Miriam SFE
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Stvn

The part-time previous study won't affect your previous study for a full-time course

Thanks Miriam
Stvn
Rep:
?
Thanks you Miriam
Stvn
Rep:
?
Hi Stvn

The part-time previous study won't affect your previous study for a full-time course

Thanks Miriam
I've just been on the phone to student finance and I'm being told I will have to fund 1st year myself due to receiving funding for my part time year. Please help
Miriam SFE
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Stvn

With previous study on a full time course only your full time previous will be counted, based on the information you have provided you only have the one year full time previous study so the calculation is as follows: three years is the number of years your looking to study plus you are given one gift year so in total you have four years of study, as you have studied one year previously before you have three years of funding remaining.

I can ensure you, you are eligible for the full three years of funding.

Thanks Miriam
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (185)
43.63%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.56%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.78%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (89)
20.99%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (43)
10.14%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise