The Student Room Group

Grow Your Grades 2017-18!

Start your blogs for the new year here!

Grow your Grades is back for its fourth year, to help you get the grades you want! Start your GYG blog to document your journey from the beginning of your learning all the way through your exams and up to results day.

Why should I enter?

Enter for the motivation to study hard and put your grades up. Start a thread and keep it updated with your studying habits in order to propel your revision.

Who can enter?

The point of GYG is to improve your own results, whether you’re going form a D to a C or an A to an A*. This means that anyone at any level and any ability can enter! So get cracking whether you’re a GCSE, IB, A level or Uni student.

What are the rules?

In order to be in the running for a prize,just start a blog and update it fairly regularly. If you do long posts, one post per week or fortnight will be plenty. If you do short posts, you can do them daily or weekly to keep us updated with your progress.

Once you’ve started your blog, post in this thread that you’ve started one so we know who you are. The competition will end on GCSE results day 2018.

If you’ve already made a blog documenting your progress (in the GCSE or A level forum for example) we can move it into the GYG forum for you.

What are the prizes?

First prize this year will be…. Drumroll please…

Spoiler

We will also have two runner up prizes (TBC)

This is what we like:

Photos! Of rooms, stationery, desks, kitchen tables, book, revision snacks - anything you like!

Hearing about things that go wrong as well as things that go right. The dark nights as well as the glory days.

How you learn, as well as what you learn. What goes right for you? What revision techniques do you struggle with?

Your life in general - how do you balance this?

Your feelings and emotions about the up times, the down times and the inbetweeny times.

Timetables, study plans, revision schedules and diaries. We like to know all the detail you think is uninteresting - we think it's interesting!

And remember - it's about the journey - not the destination.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Fox Corner

More information coming soon...

:smile: I've already started mine.
Anyone who is interested to see my GYG:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4897636
I've had a thread going since GCSE results day 2017, I'd appreciate if you check it out! (i've got memes :wink:))))
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4903420
I should probably update mine again...my last update was really, really short!
It's here though if anyone is interested: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4922356
So happy this is board is up from September this year. :h:

New blog! https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4927208
Reply 5
I'm reserving this space to post the link to my blog when I start it st the end of this week. :tongue:

Banana :h::h:
Reply 9
Wait, do you just have to create a thread and constantly update it throughout the year? I haven't done a GYG blog before since I joined TSR back in February, and I didn't know how the site worked
My last ever GYG! :shock: Enjoy! :h:

Pls make me happy and check it out :adore:
heres mine! :biggrin:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4927702&p=73636758#post73636758

posted it in the wrong thread at first lmao
Original post by rozinaaa
Wait, do you just have to create a thread and constantly update it throughout the year? I haven't done a GYG blog before since I joined TSR back in February, and I didn't know how the site worked

Yes that's it :smile: The aim, as suggested in the name, is to improve your grades by focusing your studying to be more effective.
Original post by Protostar
My last ever GYG! :shock: Enjoy! :h:

Pls make me happy and check it out :adore:

Not doing a uni one then :cry: I love reading your updates!

Posted from TSR Mobile

More information coming soon...

Would it be possible to have a combination Freshers' Thread and a GYG thread? Since most of the material would be common to both threads.

Time to advertise... Check out my fancy new GYG thread for this year.
[scroll]It's amazing :cool:[/scroll]
Original post by Lemur14
Not doing a uni one then :cry: I love reading your updates!

Posted from TSR Mobile

[scrollr]:shh: Fresher's Blog 2018 :shh:[/scrollr]
Original post by Protostar
[scrollr]:shh: Fresher's Blog 2018 :shh:[/scrollr]

Not both :wink:
Original post by CatusStarbright
Would it be possible to have a combination Freshers' Thread and a GYG thread? Since most of the material would be common to both threads.

Ah I'm sorry, as they're both competitions I'm not sure you could have one serving for both! Sorry :frown:
Ah I'm sorry, as they're both competitions I'm not sure you could have one serving for both! Sorry :frown:

Looks like I'll just do some copying and pasting then!

Quick Reply

Latest