The Student Room Group

Help me plz give me advise!

So basically I am 17 years old 18 at November I never got any gcse at secondary school now I wasted one year by doing an apprenticeship and never completing it now I enrolled into a C&G level 1 electrical installation course but I want to go uni after I know I am capable of doing the work if I want to it was just I was messing about too much at GCSEs times and I really really regret it I enrolled into a college called harrow college but city of Westminster offers a btec level 1 course that I can enrol in tomorrow so should I do that and this time take it serious and finish the course of and go uni? I'm just scared of my age as i will be very old when I finish which is embarrassing please give me advise on what u would do
Go for it! My brother had the same problem with GCSEs and now he's at college being one of the oldest in his class. Don't let your GCSEs hold you back!
It depends on what you truly want to do. You changed from apprenticeship and then your electrician course and then you want to go to uni. It is okay to take time out to consider your true interests.

If you were go to uni, what would you study and what would you do when you graduate?
Reply 3
Original post by cheesecakelove
It depends on what you truly want to do. You changed from apprenticeship and then your electrician course and then you want to go to uni. It is okay to take time out to consider your true interests.

If you were go to uni, what would you study and what would you do when you graduate?

I would study some sort or engineering such as aerospace as i am really interested in that and yes I know it sounds bad that I changed courses so many times but this is final and I am thinking of going to Westminster college tomorrow to enrol and study seriously
Reply 4
Original post by Octoberly
Go for it! My brother had the same problem with GCSEs and now he's at college being one of the oldest in his class. Don't let your GCSEs hold you back!

You think so ? 🤔🤔🤔
Original post by stack__
You think so ? 🤔🤔🤔

Yeah! Just because you're older doesn't mean you have any less of a right to education! Plenty of people get their education later in life. As long as you put effort into your studies and work hard you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 6
Yeah! Just because you're older doesn't mean you have any less of a right to education! Plenty of people get their education later in life. As long as you put effort into your studies and work hard you'll be fine :smile:

Thank you I'll defo go Westminster tomorrow to enrol i already called them up
Original post by stack__
Thank you I'll defo go Westminster tomorrow to enrol i already called them up

Congratulations mate! I hope you get in!
Reply 8
Congratulations mate! I hope you get in!

I hope so aswell pal
Reply 9
Anyone else that wanna give advise? Although i am going tomorrow to westminister hopefully they will have a place for me
Original post by stack__
I would study some sort or engineering such as aerospace as i am really interested in that and yes I know it sounds bad that I changed courses so many times but this is final and I am thinking of going to Westminster college tomorrow to enrol and study seriously

Yess Aerospace Engineering is awesome! Definitely go for it, and to be honest it is perfectly okay to change courses and try different options until you find what you want to really do. It's all about studying hard and having a passion for the subject, then you'll ace it.

I wish you the best of luck and hope everything goes to plan!
Reply 11
Original post by Geodesic
Yess Aerospace Engineering is awesome! Definitely go for it, and to be honest it is perfectly okay to change courses and try different options until you find what you want to really do. It's all about studying hard and having a passion for the subject, then you'll ace it.

I wish you the best of luck and hope everything goes to plan!

Thank you very much I thought about this for a long time and I defo want to do it I'm just hoping city of Westminster college have spaces for me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending