Don't like sex Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm 20 and at university. Since I went to uni there have been a few guys I've been with but I've discovered I just don't enjoy sex. I'm not talking like I didn't enjoy a drunken one night stand. As in a guy I was totally crazy about (he was all I thought about, woke up and smiled at his text messages etc etc kinda thing), I just didn't crave or enjoy sex and it's never really bothered me before as I've been single practically all my life. But I've never actually felt sexually attracted to a person (I've been romantically attracted, have appreciated that someone is good looking but that's my limit). I only tend to be attracted to people I know really well, it's more of a personality thing than a physical one I guess. Even the idea of sex/sexual acts (either giving or receiving) makes me uncomfortable.

My friends at uni all seem to love sex and have it regularly (either with boyfriends or one night stands) and whilst I don't think it's exactly abnormal not to be sex mad, I'm worried it'll affect any future relationships as guys generally seem to love having sex so being in a relationship with someone who's not interested in sex just seems like it won't work. I would like a family one day but I just see sex as a means to get that, it doesn't do anything for me in a pleasurable way. Anyone else experience this?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Everyone has different views of sex. Some want to do it all of the time, some want to do it very little. When you find your partner, you need someone who is close to your views of sex as possible. Not all guys think about sex all of the time.
casanova27
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm 20 and at university. Since I went to uni there have been a few guys I've been with but I've discovered I just don't enjoy sex. I'm not talking like I didn't enjoy a drunken one night stand. As in a guy I was totally crazy about (he was all I thought about, woke up and smiled at his text messages etc etc kinda thing), I just didn't crave or enjoy sex and it's never really bothered me before as I've been single practically all my life. But I've never actually felt sexually attracted to a person (I've been romantically attracted, have appreciated that someone is good looking but that's my limit). I only tend to be attracted to people I know really well, it's more of a personality thing than a physical one I guess. Even the idea of sex/sexual acts (either giving or receiving) makes me uncomfortable.

My friends at uni all seem to love sex and have it regularly (either with boyfriends or one night stands) and whilst I don't think it's exactly abnormal not to be sex mad, I'm worried it'll affect any future relationships as guys generally seem to love having sex so being in a relationship with someone who's not interested in sex just seems like it won't work. I would like a family one day but I just see sex as a means to get that, it doesn't do anything for me in a pleasurable way. Anyone else experience this?
Nothing strange, everybody has different thoughts and sex drive. Actually same person in various phases of life can have totally different sex drive, so if you ask me, just don't over think about this and sooner or later you will have much better sex drive...
yas8
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

It sounds like you could be Asexual. A good place to check out is AVEN. http://www.asexuality.org/en/?_fromL...1&_fromLogin=1
paulbarlow
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
just find a friend who is a male and if your both happy to become more then sex becomes much more than the act. its a bonding reassuring act. the cuddling before and after is just as important. dont give up on love its far better than a quick bonk
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago

That's fine. Your are what you are. But make sure that when you get close with your ideal life partner that he understands your views about sex and is prepared to forgo most days of your longterm relationship. I was married to a lady who and no interest in sex but she didn't tell me at all. Its fine if people want a no sex marriage/relationship with each other but they should be open and honest about this before they commit to each other
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.73%
The paper was reasonable (1173)
54.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (467)
21.61%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed