novaswofter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello everyone.
This year I've begun sixth form and I am aiming for four AS level As and finally A*A*A at the end of year 13.
I am taking Maths,Econ,Physics,and Psych. I had orginally intended to take further maths but my sixth form didn't offer it to me.I am starting this blog to keep track of my studies and ensuring I get the grades I am aiming for as opposed to my GCSE results.
MY GCSE Results
Spoiler:
Show

9As and a B

If anyone else's is doing these subjects I'd love to find out what your revision plan is
MY GOALS
Spoiler:
Show

no procrastination,better organization and to do better than I did at GCSE

I will be updating this with a summary of what I studied twice a week
novaswofter
Rep:
?
UPDATE 1
Maths: Started quadratic expressions and their roots. pretty easy topic as i had covered most of it at GCSE. Statistics we did variance,standard deviation, mean, mode. We also revised histograms from year 11 and learnt how to make stem leaf tables and box-plot. Box-plotting for some reason took a bit longer than it takes me usually to grasp concepts. Going to do loads of ppqs for these topics over the weekend.
Physics: We started physical quantities and units. I absorbed the information quickly and managed to make fairly good notes for it in my free. Going to ensure that I keep the SI base units committed to memory
Economics: Started the basic economic problem,went over opportunity cost fairly quickly in class, going to go over it today.Also learnt about normative vs positive statements.
Psychology: Started research methods. I haven't gotten my head around it fully yet and I need to spend some time on it and preferably go ahead of the class
novaswofter
Rep:
?
UPDATE 2
Maths: Started stem-leaf and box-plot in S1 found it ridiculously easy. Did loads of ppqs over the week and went over some of the concepts i learnt in IGCSE Add maths.
Physics:Started random and systematic errors and uncertainties. Did some practice but need some more of it. Going to do it later today.
Economics: Started PPC,pretty basic so far
Psychology: Still going over research methods. Haven't done anything challenging as of yet
SoggyPuss
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I like this idea, I hope you enjoy sixth form
novaswofter
Rep:
?
(Original post by SoggyPuss)
I like this idea, I hope you enjoy sixth form
cheers mate
novaswofter
Rep:
?
UPDATE 3
Maths: Started functions. Not finding it difficult at all. Somehow my teacher managed to somehow get 1980s papers and plans to do essentially do every paper till 2017. Managed about 58 questions so far.
Psychology: Still on research methods. Need to buy a textbook as I don't like my cousins textbook that I thought would suffice.
Physics: Vectors,Vectors and more vectors
Economics: Production possibility frontier. Attempted 2 essay questions on it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
24.74%
No, but I have thought about it (53)
27.32%
No (93)
47.94%

Watched Threads