The Student Room Group

Frey's Daily Struggle to Not Cry - A Year 11 Blog

I'm weirdly kinda excited for this year!

I've missed a lot of school over the past few years due to family issues, so I've got a lot of catching up to do in a fraction of the time. Looking forward to proving myself though! Expect a lot of frustrated rants, but hopefully a lot of good test results and some solid revision.

My goal grades:

English Lit: 6
English Lang: 7
Maths: 7
Science: 2x 7
Religious Studies: 8
History: 6
Geography: 4 (I hate it)
Health and Social: 6
Media Studies: 7

Here we go then :smile:
Original post by pinegrove
I'm weirdly kinda excited for this year!

I've missed a lot of school over the past few years due to family issues, so I've got a lot of catching up to do in a fraction of the time. Looking forward to proving myself though! Expect a lot of frustrated rants, but hopefully a lot of good test results and some solid revision.

My goal grades:

English Lit: 6
English Lang: 7
Maths: 7
Science: 2x 7
Religious Studies: 8
History: 6
Geography: 4 (I hate it)
Health and Social: 6
Media Studies: 7

Here we go then :smile:

Good luck queen! 👑
Reply 2
Day 1!

- Practice essay on Macbeth (wasn't in class when they read it so I need all the prep I can get!)
- Circle Theorems practice
- Sorted out my binder (finally)
- Applied to work on a charity's magazine

Productive night :smile:)
Reply 3
Day 2!

School today was fab! I aced my Macbeth essay and managed to link the extract to the rest of the play despite my almost non-existant knowledge of it.

I understood maths for once and my teacher was a bit too shocked about me getting 5/10 on the initial assessment, like yes okay I'm bad at maths please don't rub it in thx.

I'm really starting to enjoy History and I've started contributing more to the lessons; my teacher is getting me sorted with a proper textbook because I missed one of the units but she thinks I've got too much potential to only use the revision guide. Woop.

I've been procrastinating my media coursework all year and it's finally catching up with me, banged out a solid 700 words tonight tho which is all good quality imo. For this particular assignment I'm focusing on the film Submarine which is one of my favourites of all time but even that gets a bit old after watching the trailer 20 times to pick out the bloody camera angles. sorry ayoade luv u bb x

Non-academic wise, I got a reply from the magazine saying my application was great! There's 3/4 weeks until applications close so I won't hear until then but I think I've got a good chance.

+ I listened to every Babyshambles album in order today which made me v happy goodnight

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest