Science po - le havre campus 2018 Watch

GeorgianGirl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hallo people,

I want to apply to Science Po Le Havre campus(Asia-Pacific studies) for 2018 academic year.
Anyone doing the same? And can someone give me advice about writing Personal Statement and references - Who they should specifically be? Does it matter if one of them will not be my teacher? and what is involved in so-called "core program"?
Thank you in advance
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GeorgianGirl)
Hallo people,

I want to apply to Science Po Le Havre campus(Asia-Pacific studies) for 2018 academic year.
Anyone doing the same? And can someone give me advice about writing Personal Statement and references - Who they should specifically be? Does it matter if one of them will not be my teacher? and what is involved in so-called "core program"?
Thank you in advance
Moved your thread to the International Study forum (if nobody replies, then have a look around - I've seen some SciencesPo applicants post there.
5678h
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi. I'm applying to Sciences Po's Le Havre campus. I'm not sure but I do think that you require a teacher of yours to write a reference for you, it's preferable for sure.
giuulss00
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I'm applying to Menton as first choice and Reims as second. I have so many questions about the application process but all the threads here are so old.
Flutz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi! Anyone knows if Sciences Po gives out conditional offers based on A level grades like UK unis?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
giuulss00
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No they only give unconditional offers
Flutz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I see thanks. So predicted grades don't factor in?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
giuulss00
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't know about A-levels but they request your predicted grades for IB when reviewing your application.
glaff
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Le Havre is nice guys btw. I reckon you'll like it if you go there.
andros101
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello! I am applying to the Reims campus (might apply to Le Havre as well). I am wondering if any of you have written your personal statements? I am having some difficulties regarding what to include.
giuulss00
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by andros101)
Hello! I am applying to the Reims campus (might apply to Le Havre as well). I am wondering if any of you have written your personal statements? I am having some difficulties regarding what to include.

I have (applying to menton) but I also kinda have no idea if it's good or nah. My university counselor told me I should include "Why I am perfect for Sciences Po and why Sciences Po is perfect for me" which is super vague to be honest.
bibi-legros
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by giuulss00)
I don't know about A-levels but they request your predicted grades for IB when reviewing your application.
Hi, I just have a question, I can't find out the grade requirements for IB. And do you know if they accept maths studies? I would like to apply to le Havre.
giuulss00
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hiiii they have no requirements for the IB (or for any other diploma for all that matters) so yeah they do also accept math studies. For grades again there's no requirement but when I went to the open day they said they generally look at an avarage of 6 or higher
choccodog0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I am also applying to Reims and Le havre.. but I was wondering does each campus has a different competitiveness level? I noticed that everybody wants to apply to the Reims campus lol does that actually affect the chances of getting an offer?
choccodog0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi guys, I am applying for Science po too! So anxious and scared tbh
I don't understand why there is an entry requirement for graduates and not for undergraduates! It is a bit confusing to know whether your grades are good enough or not!
Siddharth 7
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
From what my school counsellor told me, the entry requirements are A*A*A*, She had discussed this with the country representative for Sciences Po.
wolfmoon88
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Siddharth 7)
From what my school counsellor told me, the entry requirements are A*A*A*, She had discussed this with the country representative for Sciences Po.
Erm that's not what the science po rep told me... A friend of mine got recommended to apply to science po and she only had AAA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Siddharth 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did she get in?
wolfmoon88
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Siddharth 7)
Did she get in?
she didn't apply cuz she didn't want to go to science po but the rep offered her an interview and told her she had a good chance of getting an offer if she did apply

Posted from TSR Mobile
Siddharth 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by wolfmoon88)
she didn't apply cuz she didn't want to go to science po but the rep offered her an interview and told her she had a good chance of getting an offer if she did apply

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok thx, so AAA it is then, Sorry for the misguidance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (168)
13.1%
Excited (111)
8.66%
Worried (235)
18.33%
Terrified (299)
23.32%
Meh (103)
8.03%
Confused (32)
2.5%
Putting on a brave face (170)
13.26%
Impatient (164)
12.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise